Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Very happy to call a taxi for Mr Locardia to take him back to some second rate Dutch team...………………………...a striker right up there with Leon Best and Obika … IMHO. I would rather give the minutes to the U23 strikers!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presumably, as someone else suggested, because the club didn't expect Glenn to continue to be so prolific in his goal scoring, and had planned to adopt a different system up front by now, and playing to the strengths of Locadia. But maybe we will never know for sure.

If that is the case surly we should have bought a similar type player to Murray not a completely different type. I know they wouldnt sell him to us but Mitrovic immediately springs to mind. and money talks.

CH record on buying strikers isnt good/

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I remember a Dutch journalist who was incredulous that we'd paid that much for him. From what I have seen, he looks way short of the mark, the man utd away game being the exception. And one looks decent to me and Locadia is falling down the pecking order. I'd be looking to move on if I was him

There was a Dutch football expert on Hawksby and Jacobs just after we signed him, and he basically said Locadia is shite. Remember hoping he was wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was in The Sam Baldock Memorial Medical Centre, when he was singed.

Well, yes, but the point is absolutely no one deserves to play due to the fee paid, prior record, reputation nor for any other reason.

You earn the right to play.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Murray, Hemed, Zamora and developing Baldock got us the goals for A play off champ season, a promotion and a good first prem season. A stunning record. Ask all the other teams still stuck in the champ or relegated last season.
That’s what matters not the fact that Leon Best showed up for 2 mins or Akpom wandered about lost for a couple of games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s what matters not the fact that Leon Best showed up for 2 mins or Akpom wandered about lost for a couple of games.
Keep going...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I can't believe that anyone in the recruitment team actually thought that Locadia was an improvement on Hemed and Baldock , who I would play in front of Locadia every time on effort alone

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bad egg as well as a shit player.

Get rid.

Has had chances and isn't up to it.

And one showed more in 25 minutes v Cardiff than Locadia had in numerous appearances.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good the bloke is pony. Take a loss on him but get him.out permanently

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Never really given a chance, so hard to argue that he’d be better off leaving

That myth always pops up. He has had plenty of chances. He simply hasn't impressed Hughton

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If that is the case surly we should have bought a similar type player to Murray not a completely different type. I know they wouldnt sell him to us but Mitrovic immediately springs to mind. and money talks.

I must admit I have always liked Aleksandar Mitrivic. He was still a Newcastle player when we signed Locadia, and there was some talk on here about trying to get him in, but I guess as you say, they were never going to sell him to another team in a Premier League relegation scrap.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last summer there was a lot of interest for Locadia, but then Brighton did not want to let him go.

Was there? I don't remember any rumours on here about clubs coming in for him. Anyone shed any light?

Probably time for us to offload him, if we can - and not a loan, preferably. I'd personally rather see Gyokeres or Connolly on the bench - cheaper too, and although we get that £100M rolling in from the PL every year, we need a large chunk of that for what we really needed in the summer - that very expensive CM who can control a game, generally boss it and chip in with a few goals. We'll need to spend big in the summer, I believe - but just on one or two players for the first team, not to fill out a 25 man squad..

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There was a Dutch football expert on Hawksby and Jacobs just after we signed him, and he basically said Locadia is shite. Remember hoping he was wrong.

I spoke to a few agents and journalists in Holland who thought he'd do well. It's all luck given how dramatically the quality plummets outside the top few in the Eredivisie. Hope the same doesn't happen to AJ.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=341265

Douche !!!

Locadia wants to leave Brighton: 'I never had a clear explanation

Jürgen Locadia is considering leaving his Brighton & Hove Albion club in January. The striker was attracted for at least seventeen million euros less than a year ago, at that time a record amount for the club from the Premier League. The 25-year-old attacker has little to play and has to be content with short incursions. "This situation just hurts," he says.

In January of this year Locadia closed the door at PSV behind him. He was ready for a new challenge and left for Brighton, where he signed a contract until mid-2022. Partly due to injuries he did not get any further than six matches in the Premier League last season. This season, he only started once in the league in the league and came in seven times as a substitute. "I try to stay positive, but I also get older," says Locadia in an intrigue with De Telegraaf. "I am now at an age that I have to play every week." At Brighton, I do not feel that my situation will change quickly, and I have never had the chance to show what I am worth. a good time to think about whether this is still good for me. "

Manager Chris Hughton holds for the time being the 35-year-old Glenn Murray at the point of attack, while Locadia also has competition from, for example, Alireza Jahanbakhsh. "A real clear explanation, why I do not play, I never had," continues Locadia. "The trainer will find the other strikers better, which I must respect, of course, but it is also my career, I can not keep saying" yes and amen. "I train super hard, I am top fit, but I especially have to do ten minutes of incidents. show that is really difficult. "

Locadia notices that the manager chooses for others in the attack. "The whole storyline is not right, that's what makes me angry, I was fit in February, made goals and played a good match against Manchester United in the FA Cup, then I hardly played, while they wanted me at all costs. in January, I did a good preparation in the summer, but in vain, that's just not true. "

Last summer there was a lot of interest for Locadia, but then Brighton did not want to let him go. Locadia made an appointment with his agent to look at his situation until the winter. "I respect Brighton, but I hope they respect me in this situation too, I am only a man, I want to go for the highest level and not be rented to a club in the Championship, for example. Spain, Germany, something like that, of course I have to show it myself and then hope that I get a fair chance. "

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I thought these might have been lyrics from his new dance single :shrug:

Not going to make Mr Hughton happy if true!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That myth always pops up. He has had plenty of chances. He simply hasn't impressed Hughton

Oh yes, loads and loads of chances. He has played just eleven games, with most of those just cameo roles off the bench. I maintain that a player needs to start, say a dozen games, before anyone can get an idea of what he can, or can't do.

I suppose though, that these days, such is the importance of gaining as many points as possible to ensure Premier League survival, that we just can't the the chance to offer untried players the luxury of being able to do that.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Shame he never gained his place , he had the chances and never took them, ive seen dogs keener to win the ball , my granddaughters Barbie doll has got a bigger mean streak than him -- still it spurred Murray on, Andone has to be better surely

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hope the same doesn't happen to AJ.

I'll confess to being a bit concerned on that one too.

Doesn't seem fast and, despite being quite stocky, doesn't seem very strong either. Early days, but I'm happy to call him shit now, so I can claim to have been a visionary a year or so from now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving how Andone is now the 'saviour'.

He's an AMEX era striker there's every chance he'll be absolutely shitehouse, assuming this one is allowed to play for longer than 10 minutes once a month.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Andone already looks miles better than him from the very little we've seen, so I think we'll cope.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here