Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He was supposed to offer something different to Murray, not to replace or understudy him. I think we saw that in the AFC Wimbledon friendly, when he ran in behind the defence three times in a way Murray can’t. Sadly he failed to score on any of the three occasions and got injured too, which rather sums up his Albion career. Some things simply are not meant to be.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Are you joking?

He has made 4 starts for us in the PL, one of them as a right winger (Palace away), one of them as a left winger (Leicester) and two as a striker (away at Liverpool & City). Overall he has played just 433 minutes for Albion almost all from the bench in numerous positions he isn't used to playing. When he does get to play in his natural role he's set up to fail with either 10 minutes to make a difference or he's playing a thankless job against the best team in the league. I think this is one of the worst if not the worst signings we made in the PL, he was literally a better version of Baldock and we never intended to play 4-4-2. He has been setup to fail and I totally understand his frustration. We're going to lose a lot of money on this one and we are 100% to blame for it.
I concur.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Job to replace the top English goalscorer so far this season.Anyway,he must go if he is so unhappy,better for all parties in this situation,as long as we get close to the fee paid and we have a replacement,although not a direct replacement,Powell of Wigan,ticks quite a few boxes is the player i would like with us .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hard to shine as a forward over a 15 min spell in a team that hardly ventures over the halfway line and when the ball comes it’s normally from a hoof which requires a Murray type player.

I’m not going to argue the point any further as I know am very much in a minority on here and as he isn’t going to get a run in the only formation we play in, there is no way I can expect those who have decided he’s a shit lazy waste of money to even consider changing their minds :smile:

Remind me how many Murray has got from hoofed balls up to him this season?

It is hard to shine in a side that is struggling going forwards, and is fighting in the Premier League. However that is what it is, other players are showing they have the necessary fight, ability and attitude to contribute to the side, even with limited appearances. Not expecting to see much in 15mins, but the odd flash of something would be nice.

I'd love him to come good and prove everyone wrong. Would I drop Murray, change our formation or tactics just to try to make it work for him - on what I've seen so far absolutely no way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remind me how many Murray has got from hoofed balls up to him this season?

It is hard to shine in a side that is struggling going forwards, and is fighting in the Premier League. However that is what it is, other players are showing they have the necessary fight, ability and attitude to contribute to the side, even with limited appearances. Not expecting to see much in 15mins, but the odd flash of something would be nice.

I'd love him to come good and prove everyone wrong. Would I drop Murray, change our formation or tactics just to try to make it work for him - on what I've seen so far absolutely no way.

Yep, no plan B will feck over all forwards who don’t play like Murray. Begs the question, why buy them?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are you joking?

He has made 4 starts for us in the PL, one of them as a right winger (Palace away), one of them as a left winger (Leicester) and two as a striker (away at Liverpool & City). Overall he has played just 433 minutes for Albion almost all from the bench in numerous positions he isn't used to playing. When he does get to play in his natural role he's set up to fail with either 10 minutes to make a difference or he's playing a thankless job against the best team in the league. I think this is one of the worst if not the worst signings we made in the PL, he was literally a better version of Baldock and we never intended to play 4-4-2. He has been setup to fail and I totally understand his frustration. We're going to lose a lot of money on this one and we are 100% to blame for it.

So we stay up, against most expectations I might add, comfortably in the end playing a particular way. We then sign a player, and despite not showing any kind of brilliance, whether in a 15min sub spell, or starting games, regardless of formation and tactics, and we as a side are expected to change formation and tactics to see if we adapt our way of playing to suit an individual.

Honestly, what are people thinking? As a manager you put a player on for 15 mins because they can have an impact. They might do just one thing that gives you enough to go on that they can make a difference. You try them as sub again and they do a couple more things, and you can see they can contribute. You then give them a start and even if the setup is wrong for them, they have enough ability make a contribution. That is how you work your way into a side.

As you said, Locadia has been tried, left, right, with Murray, on his own, behind Murray. He simply hasn't made an impact, hasn't shown sufficient glimpses of what he can offer. He has to have shown something to justify the manager taking the decision to change the way we play if that's what you think is all that is missing.

You also have to take [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]'s 'nail on head' reply to you too, as he was a broken record on CMS too! :kiss:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, no plan B will feck over all forwards who don’t play like Murray. Begs the question, why buy them?

I don't know what Hughton thinks, but I suspect he wanted a striker that is a Plan B for him and the team. I would say the reason we bought him is so that in the event of Murray-tactics not working, we have someone to bring on who is different, we could switch the way we're playing, add an alternative to our play.

As I said above though, he's not done enough to suggest he can be a Plan B, you have to have shown enough in the limited chances he has had that you can make the team better.

I hope he can come good I really do. But that all it is 'hope', I don't see him in training, but I haven't really seen a touch, a turn, a burst where I've though 'this kid has got something'. I'd love to see it I really would. :thumbsup:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
If I was him I’d want out too. Doesn’t like playing in our 11 man defence and with Andone coming good will get even fewer chances. I think there’s a good player in there just not working out for him here

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I feel sorry for this guy and fail to see why we signed him if he does not fit our system.
Think he has no real chance to impress whilst others have offered little in attack

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So we stay up, against most expectations I might add, comfortably in the end playing a particular way. We then sign a player, and despite not showing any kind of brilliance, whether in a 15min sub spell, or starting games, regardless of formation and tactics, and we as a side are expected to change formation and tactics to see if we adapt our way of playing to suit an individual.

Honestly, what are people thinking? As a manager you put a player on for 15 mins because they can have an impact. They might do just one thing that gives you enough to go on that they can make a difference. You try them as sub again and they do a couple more things, and you can see they can contribute. You then give them a start and even if the setup is wrong for them, they have enough ability make a contribution. That is how you work your way into a side.

As you said, Locadia has been tried, left, right, with Murray, on his own, behind Murray. He simply hasn't made an impact, hasn't shown sufficient glimpses of what he can offer. He has to have shown something to justify the manager taking the decision to change the way we play if that's what you think is all that is missing.

You also have to take [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]'s 'nail on head' reply to you too, as he was a broken record on CMS too! :kiss:

So if we are determined to play in one set style, why did we buy a player that doesn't suit that style. Bit reminiscent of CMS.

As for a plan B, surely you don't have a striker that is plan B, it is the team that has the plan B. Not surprisingly, Locardia didn't do great against Man City when he was dumped up front, nor Liverpool away last year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it be that the injury to Gross and Propper have stopped our creativity and we have had to rely on long balls to GM. As a result he has suffered by our directness and the ability of those around and supplying him.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So if we are determined to play in one set style, why did we buy a player that doesn't suit that style. Bit reminiscent of CMS.

As for a plan B, surely you don't have a striker that is plan B, it is the team that has the plan B. Not surprisingly, Locardia didn't do great against Man City when he was dumped up front, nor Liverpool away last year.

I didn't mean we only want to play one way, but in order to play a different formation for a player, that player has to show they make you better for doing that, not change the way you're playing because you think it might make a player better.

Locadia was perhaps bought to give us another dimension, I haven't seen it though, and I don't think you change things unless a player shows you enough. What is reminiscent of CMS isn't styles, or formations, it is not quite being good enough for the level you're team is looking to play at.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't mean we only want to play one way, but in order to play a different formation for a player, that player has to show they make you better for doing that, not change the way you're playing because you think it might make a player better.

Locadia was perhaps bought to give us another dimension, I haven't seen it though, and I don't think you change things unless a player shows you enough. What is reminiscent of CMS isn't styles, or formations, it is not quite being good enough for the level you're team is looking to play at.

Afraid I don't agree with that. If you have a player with certain attributes then when you bring them on play to those attributes. He isn't Murray so don't bring him and continue to play as if he was. Last year he came in for the cup games and scored two goals in two games then never got a look in and I think most people would agree that confidence is a big thing for strikers.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Afraid I don't agree with that. If you have a player with certain attributes then when you bring them on play to those attributes. He isn't Murray so don't bring him and continue to play as if he was. Last year he came in for the cup games and scored two goals in two games then never got a look in and I think most people would agree that confidence is a big thing for strikers.

As others have said, CH has played him left midfield, right midfield, no.9, no.10, in a pair with Murray, behind Murray. It's not like he has been only tried as Murray's replacement.

Amazing really, strikers of all the positions must have the most excuses of all positions as to why they're not performing. Everything but, he might not be good enough.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here