Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need to cut our losses and sell him in January.

He doesn't suit our style of play, he doesn't have the same desire to contest, challenge or compete as Glenn.

He will bang in the goals in a lower league but at Prem level it is a physical contest and every players needs to defend at times - Glenn does great work defending corners and set plays, when has Locadia ever done that effectively?

I'm sure Glenn getting an extra year has sealed the deal.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This is the bit that erk's me a bit, why angry....

Yes this has not worked out, ultimately it is a two way street and he has not obviously fitted in to the way we want play or is simply deemed not good enough.
It is up to him to prove us wrong, it is all very well saying I tried really hard and had a good game against Manchester United, but what was his training actually like, how focused is he, is he distracted by outside influences and not focused 100%...

All things we don't actually know, and are now we are being asked to take things he says at face value because he gave an interview.

Angry,.....

My arse for getting paid thousands of pounds a week for simply not being good enough, sure you want to play we get that, and someone will buy you at a knock down price & you will score goals for fun in Turkey, maybe that is your level, we are the ones taking a hit on your supposed talent....

If anyone should be angry it is us....

But we are not, your simply not good enough, or you would have dislodged a 35 year old striker from the number one slot.....

But you didn't did you, maybe your just angry at yourself.....

Rant over...

Maybe he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip or maybe he just isn't good enough.
Anyway, you can hardly blame him for signing for the club.
'If anyone should be angry, it is us'...........
Do you mean the fans or the club, including T.B.or everyone?
No-one forced Albion to buy this fellow, but it doesn't appear to be working out for either Locadia or the club.
Perhaps we should be 'angry' with the recruitment team for buying a duffer, rather than the player himself.
Trouble is, it is football and buying players isn't an exact science; some work out and some don't.
I would hope ,and expect there will be a 'full and frank discussion' between C.H. and Locadia so all cards can be laid on the table and the best way forward for club and player can be sorted out.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think that maybe it isn't Murray who's keeping him out as I have always thought he was a supporting striker.

And if that's the case, while Pascal has been injured, it's Solly who has been keeping him out
This I don't get. March has been poor, so why not try Locadia in there supporting Murray. He is quick enough to do the job of defending and getting up front.

Shame he wasn't tried because I doubt he will get another chance with Andone now inn the squad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This I don't get. March has been poor, so why not try Locadia in there supporting Murray. He is quick enough to do the job of defending and getting up front.

Shame he wasn't tried because I doubt he will get another chance with Andone now inn the squad.

Chris Hughton see Locadia day in day out in training, and has done so for nearly a year now.

The fact he's not tried him in that role once, suggests he doesn't believe he is suitable for it in one way or another.

The fact that there have been games where Murray is absolutely knackered, but stayed on for the 90+ minutes with Locadia sitting on the bench, also speaks volumes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was thinking the same recently. Five of our usual eleven(ish) were signed post promotion so it's not like they're not getting a chance, but it must be tough for Balogun to see Duffy and Dunk every week and know you need an injury to break in, and the same for Locadia and Andone. Bernardo is perhaps still adapting and would be good to see him have a run out in cup games but for us every Prem game is vital and Bong is performing well.

With Balogun ...its not as though he wouldn't have known though ...and they do get paid a fair bit...plus we are only just a quarter of the way through the season...its a footballers lot and our current lot are compensated handsomely....with JL....perhaps he could learn to head a ball first before using it for press articles

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do you mean the fans or the club, including T.B.or everyone?.

I clearly said in the line beneath "But we are not"

As you say, who can be angry about it not working out for a number of reasons, it just happens sometimes.
My erk was and is why say he is angry, when clearly there are many factors at play it just shows a complete lack of class.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jurgen is spot on here. I would be hacked off if I were him. Never been given a chance but nor has Adone or any other striker. BHAFC frontline is Murray, end of. Hughton will never play 2 upfront so as long as Glenn is fit no other striker will get a look in. Good luck Jurgen, hope he finds a good fit

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Assume any chance he may have had of breaking into the team has gone up in smoke after this. Best for all concerned if we get rid asap.

Can't blame him for wanting out, but going to the papers is not going to go down well with the club.

Could see him at a club like Besiktas for some reason.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On a side note a certain Elvis Manu was quality against Seville the other week. Is CH to scared to change what he’s got used to?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip or maybe he just isn't good enough.
Anyway, you can hardly blame him for signing for the club.
Do you mean the fans or the club, including T.B.or everyone?
No-one forced Albion to buy this fellow, but it doesn't appear to be working out for either Locadia or the club.
Perhaps we should be 'angry' with the recruitment team for buying a duffer, rather than the player himself.
Trouble is, it is football and buying players isn't an exact science; some work out and some don't.
I would hope ,and expect there will be a 'full and frank discussion' between C.H. and Locadia so all cards can be laid on the table and the best way forward for club and player can be sorted out.

Thing is, we don't know if we bought a duffer really? All we know is that we bought someone who the manager doesn't think is better than GM and GM hasn't been injured.

We had to buy a striker in January, if GM had suffered an injury, Locadia could have saved us and may needed to have done.

I don't think being behind GM makes you a duffer though, GM has been exceptional, beyond anyone's expectations including most likely his own.

£17m as backup to staying in the league was probably a gamble worth taking. Like an insurance policy, you don't know how good it is until you need to claim on it. We haven't really need to make a claim in that regard.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chris Hughton see Locadia day in day out in training, and has done so for nearly a year now.

The fact he's not tried him in that role once, suggests he doesn't believe he is suitable for it in one way or another.

The fact that there have been games where Murray is absolutely knackered, but stayed on for the 90+ minutes with Locadia sitting on the bench, also speaks volumes.

Exactly this, almost word for word what I was going to say, and not just Hughton everyday, PT and the rest of the staff. If he can't set the world alight in training, then you hardly go to him in a top flight match.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We won't be getting the purchase price back but will be saving on his salary which is rumoured to be the highest in the squad.

January window might be busier than CH anticipated.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thing is, we don't know if we bought a duffer really? All we know is that we bought someone who the manager doesn't think is better than GM and GM hasn't been injured.

We had to buy a striker in January, if GM had suffered an injury, Locadia could have saved us and may needed to have done.

I don't think being behind GM makes you a duffer though, GM has been exceptional, beyond anyone's expectations including most likely his own.

£17m as backup to staying in the league was probably a gamble worth taking. Like an insurance policy, you don't know how good it is until you need to claim on it. We haven't really need to make a claim in that regard.

I'd say a claim on a life insurance policy is pretty straight forward.....person dies ..company pays out :D

I'd say more like maybe a car insurance policy where you aren't sure if you have fully comprehensive or third party fire and theft :whistle:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can’t say I blame him. He won’t get enough football here. I’d be pretty unhappy too.

Exactly this, it can't be easy for him watching Glenn scoring goals so regularly, and knowing that for as long as that continues at least, he doesn't have a chance of starting games. I'm sure neither he, or us, expected Glenn's goal glut to continue into this season.

All we can do is hope that the club can keep him happy until next season, when surely he will get far more playing time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On a side note a certain Elvis Manu was quality against Seville the other week. Is CH to scared to change what he’s got used to?

You can't seriously be expecting an answer to that? :lol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd say a claim on a life insurance policy is pretty straight forward.....person dies ..company pays out :D

I'd say more like maybe a car insurance policy where you aren't sure if you have fully comprehensive or third party fire and theft :whistle:

We must have a decent no claims bonus on strikers by now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here