Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll confess to being a bit concerned on that one too.

Doesn't seem fast and, despite being quite stocky, doesn't seem very strong either. Early days, but I'm happy to call him shit now, so I can claim to have been a visionary a year or so from now.

This is a new Brighton player you are discussing on your forum.

If you want to claim visionary status by calling him shit I suggest you jump in your DeLoren and make those posts some 3 years ago.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Oh yes, loads and loads of chances. He has played just eleven games, with most of those just cameo roles off the bench. I maintain that a player needs to start, say a dozen games, before anyone can get an idea of what he can, or can't do.

I suppose though, that these days, such is the importance of gaining as many points as possible to ensure Premier League survival, that we just can't the the chance to offer untried players the luxury of being able to do that.

Would you be willing to drop Murray for a dozen games to see what he can do?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh yes, loads and loads of chances. He has played just eleven games, with most of those just cameo roles off the bench. I maintain that a player needs to start, say a dozen games, before anyone can get an idea of what he can, or can't do.

I suppose though, that these days, such is the importance of gaining as many points as possible to ensure Premier League survival, that we just can't the the chance to offer untried players the luxury of being able to do that.

Why - after 12 games - would he suddenly start actually putting a shift in? I fail to see what trying has to do with game time. Anyone can try. I would try if you put me on the pitch. I'd be shit, but I'd try. That doesn't take gametime. Locadia DOESN'T ****ing try. Bare minimum basic effort. No excuse.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I spoke to a few agents and journalists in Holland who thought he'd do well. It's all luck given how dramatically the quality plummets outside the top few in the Eredivisie. Hope the same doesn't happen to AJ.

me too

writing on the wall in that respect unfortunalty.

Has at least shown a bit more though

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not clear to him why he is not playing, is he really that thick?

We play one upfront and that guy currently has as many goals and Mo Salah and Harry Kane that is why

From what I have seen so far he is probably better off sticking to the music and we will be hard pressed to find someone to take him on for anything near what we paid for him

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

most people can spot the absolute junk well before the chances Locadia has had. A few normally call it very early , then more and more realise it. You sounds like always late to the party with your opinion. Not a bad thing but bet you did the same for Elvis / Akpom etc etc. He's had more than enough time to show something

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why - after 12 games - would he suddenly start actually putting a shift in? I fail to see what trying has to do with game time. Anyone can try. I would try if you put me on the pitch. I'd be shit, but I'd try. That doesn't take gametime.

The mainstay of NSC is posters making a knee-JERK reaction based on next to nothing, then having their posts :bounce:d for years to come.

I agree with Cowfold for whatever reason, the manager, Murray, the formation, Locadia hasn't been put in the position for us ALL to confirm he's shithouse.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
There was a Dutch football expert on Hawksby and Jacobs just after we signed him, and he basically said Locadia is shite. Remember hoping he was wrong.

Could have been him. Sadly, he looks like he might have been right

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you want to claim visionary status by calling him shit I suggest you jump in your DeLoren and make those posts some 3 years ago.

If he wants to make posts from 3 years ago, Bozza doesn't need the keys to a DeLoren when he's already got the keys to the Admin Control Panel.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Being played out of position isn’t relevant when you fail to control the ball and look disinterested.

Clearly has some ability, the ball he played through for Bissouma at Newcastle being one example.... however looks too weak for the physicality of the Prem and also if he can’t understand why he isn’t getting a game while Murray is still scoring regularly he is an idiot.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The chairman must be disappointed I would be, I would also be thinking I could of saved a shit load of money if I’d known my manager was always going to play the majority of the championship squad week after week.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do not understand all this as to me it seem that everybody believes that CH is above criticism because of what he has achieved with us but my question is why did we sign Locadia who obviously does not play in our style and having spent that amount of money on him why haven't we changed our style slightly to accommodate him you wouldn't buy a 2 seater car and expect to use it as a taxi and make money. You would buy a car that was able to be used for that job.

Depends what sort of two-seater it was. I bet there would be LOADS of people queueing up to get a lift home in a Bugatti Veyron, whereas a smart fortwo? Not so much.

To carry on the analogy and relate it to JL, if you bought a second hand Porsche 911 convertible with a few miles on the clock and it didn't perform exactly how you expected it to, you'd probably use a different car as a taxi. And then get rid of the 911 at the appropriate opportunity, replacing it with a better, more reliable model...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
most people can spot the absolute junk well before the chances Locadia has had. A few normally call it very early , then more and more realise it. You sounds like always late to the party with your opinion. Not a bad thing but bet you did the same for Elvis / Akpom etc etc. He's had more than enough time to show something

Exactly. The few who call it right earlydoors get shouted down earlydoors. Then the rest gradually catch up. A few cameo 10 minute appearances and the odd mean-nothing cup game normally gives you a fairly good indication of whether a player is going to be much cop or not. Some bennies advocate giving a player a full season of starts before they timidly reach the right conclusion. By which time, too late, you're dumped on your arse into the Championship. You're really missing something if you fail to see the lack of first touch, inner engine, vision - or indeed goals. You're basically not watching what you're seeing, the lack of any kind of SPARK.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I guess that's why the test isn't based on a 'little'.

I find it hard to believe anybody would pass a 'no dickheads' policy when taking a small snapshot in isolation.

To give the recruitment team credit a lot of new players have the right attitude and clearly aren't dickheads. Ryan being the obvious example. Locadia's strolling around, gobbing off to the press and inability to hit the target suggests his personality profile was most likely done on a Friday afternoon after a liquid lunch. We've all been there. I once designed something 170 miles in the wrong direction after 3 pints at lunch.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He knows full well why he's not playing. He's shyt and he's lazy.

Who the **** said yes to paying that much for him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The mainstay of NSC is posters making a knee-JERK reaction based on next to nothing, then having their posts :bounce:d for years to come.

I agree with Cowfold for whatever reason, the manager, Murray, the formation, Locadia hasn't been put in the position for us ALL to confirm he's shithouse.

I didn't say he was shithouse. I said he doesn't try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here