Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Pop ups making NSC unusable again!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Once you have searched for NSC (only need to do it once) and logged in (you can stay logged in permanently) I just go to the “Discussions” tab and it shows latest posts at the top. Just drag down and release to refresh.

It’s all I have used for years.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Appreciate that NSC needs the advertising revenue but the site has become unusable at times this year!

Believe it or not, and many seem not to, there is no intention to make NSC difficult to use - that doesn't benefit anyone. Logged in users have three banners - one at the top of the page and two at the bottom - and they shouldn't be intrusive in any way - no video, no sound and no pop overs/unders.

The problem with rogue ads is they do not appear for everyone. I've not had one for many, many months for example - possibly more than a year ago. If I don't know a problem exists then I can't do anything about it. Some people have written on here they've had a problem for a few weeks, but it's the first I've read about it.

I'm currently moving ad partners, something that should complete today/tomorrow and I am hopeful that this change will bring an improvement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I switched over ad partners on Friday evening. I've not finished the work completely yet, but no ads from the previous partner are being supplied any more.

I'm possibly going to tweak the ad locations a bit, which may mean fewer ads on the page for both logged-in and non-logged-in users.

Let me know if you experience any problems.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I had a pop-up yesterday telling me a pop-up had been blocked. I think that’s a good thing, so maybe tweaking has worked!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here