Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test Kandy

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Age I suppose but I preferred seeing a batsman pad up to spinners that were outside the line of the stumps. What I dont understand is if they were outside the line of the stmps then why are they not now. The ball will still not hit the stumps so shouldnt be LBW.

You’ve lost me there.

You can be out if you dont play a shot outside of your off stump.. You can be out if it pitches outside your off stump but hits you inline with the wicket when playing a shot.

You cannot be out if the ball pitches outside leg, irrespective if you’re playing a shot or not.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning All, Sri Lanka set 301 to win have just lost their 4th wicket so not looking good for them, all gone to spin.

104-4

As an aside Foakes was 65 NO, must have a ridiculous batting average by now!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very good partnership for SL now, giving themselves a decent chance. Fascinating stuff. England not helping themselves by wasting reviews, none left now and just had an LBW shout that would’ve been given on review.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Very good partnership for SL now, giving themselves a decent chance. Fascinating stuff. England not helping themselves by wasting reviews, none left now and just had an LBW shout that would’ve been given on review.

We’ve still got one review remaining, we just chose not to use it.

Both didn’t look out in real time but the Ali lbw shout would have hit over 50% of leg stump.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good use of the remaining review 176-5. Game on.

England marginal favourites again now but nip and tuck.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very close game

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and he is OUT! :clap2:

Massive decision... pitched just in line of off stump, turned and bounced, hit in front of middle, clipping the top of leg stump... umpires call :)

221-6

80 runs or 4 wickets... swings toward England, but if they establish any sort of partnership it will swing back...

TENSE

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Leach traps Dilruwan LBW... plumb on the toe... he's got to go... FOUR FOR LEACH

226-7

STRONG

(although the skies are looking gloomy)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Play abandoned on day 4... Sri Lanka 226-7, 75 runs or 3 wickets to win in the morning.

Exciting finish in prospect.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What uis the general opuinion of the final result Sri Lanka need 75 runs we need 3 wickets could go either way but I think the odds are slightly in our favour.

I'd imagine the odds are very much in our favour

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You’ve lost me there.

You can be out if you dont play a shot outside of your off stump.. You can be out if it pitches outside your off stump but hits you inline with the wicket when playing a shot.

You cannot be out if the ball pitches outside leg, irrespective if you’re playing a shot or not.

Surely it is easy to attempt or play a stroke knowing that you are well away from hitting the ball if the ball is well outside of the off stump thus not being LBW. The rules have changed since I was a lad playing cricket,not very well I may add.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will all now depend on how Dickwella plays, the game rests in his hands for the Sri Lankans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here