May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Susanna Dinnage

Susanna-Dinnage.jpg

It's a hearty "yes" from me

https://www.premierleague.com/news/911254/?sf202180837=1

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Perfect fit for the job, after all she has been responsible for accelerating the growth of Discovery channels Animal Planet

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I can see a lot old lounge lizard chairmen, suddenly getting haircuts, polishing their bald heads and turning up in newly aquired Porsches to future PL meetings :nono:

PS: if the Albion lawyers are watching, lizard has no connotation to our beloved owner TB :cool:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Damn, I was hoping Barber would get the job

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
What a joke. Doubtful there's any reason she got the job apart from the fact she's a woman and the Premier League want to be seen "doing the right thing".

:lolol:

I claim my prize. You were one of those that I expected would make such a comment.

I know it sounds strange to you, but there are some women who have talents outside the kitchen.

It's true.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dan Roan's analysis:

When she takes up her role in the new year, Susanna Dinnage will become the most senior female leader in the world's major professional sports leagues. And because of the commercial wealth, global popularity and cultural influence of the Premier League, arguably the most powerful figure in British sport.

Although she is a Fulham season-ticket holder, Dinnage does not have experience within the football industry, and some traditional match-going fans will worry that the appointment of a media executive reinforces the sense that professional football is in thrall to television.

But with sports audience habits shifting, a decrease in the value of the latest domestic TV rights deal, and new digital challengers emerging in the market, Dinnage's experience of tough negotiations at Discovery should also be useful.

However, with the biggest clubs jostling for more of a share of overseas TV revenue, the task of emulating outgoing Richard Scudamore and keeping the cosmopolitan league's billionaire owners unified will be a challenging one.

With Brexit looming, relations with the FA and the government will be priorities, along with the regulation of agents, and reviewing the sport's close relationship with the gambling industry. And after the recent collapse of the sale of Wembley to Shahid Khan, many in the game will hope that Dinnage also persuades the clubs to invest more of their wealth towards grassroots facilities and player welfare at academies.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46200473

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here