Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray - extended contract

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
One for the future.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
CH and the recruitment team aren't confident of landing that shiny new 20 goal a season striker in the next couple of transfer windows then?

Well, they have failed in the last few too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One day, in the future, I can just about visualise CH going for it and playing a 4-4-2, with a pacy, tricky striker playing off a wily old fox in the box who never runs more than 5-6 yards, but is still our top scorer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Cheaper than signing a new striker I guess :shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I doubt he will see that out as a first team regular, and actually I hope he is not still our main striker to be honest next season, no disrespect meant to Glenn,

But excellent impact player, to bring on.

Definitely a legend

Even if he doesn't play a single game next year, it will be worth paying him a year's salary just as thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh great another year of stifling our forward line just so CH can keep selecting a team that played in the Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An obvious but welcome singing. Coincidentally I was wearing this 'badly drawn footballer' t shirt (a prezzy from Mrs T) today :lolol:

muzza.PNG

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One day, in the future, I can just about visualise CH going for it and playing a 4-4-2, with a pacy, tricky striker playing off a wily old fox in the box who never runs more than 5-6 yards, but is still our top scorer.

I agree that 4-4-2 is probably the medium term plan. Hence the signings of Andone and Percy Tau, with Connolly to join in due course. Hughton still doesn't quite have the faith in the defence and midfield to make the leap just yet

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh great another year of stifling our forward line just so CH can keep selecting a team that played in the Championship.

Not a great vote of confidence in his strike partners

I really dont see why Muzza signing for another year is taken as a total lack of confidence in anyone else at the club.

It's called OPTIONS!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seemingly our Glenn is acutely aware of what a post Brexit future holds.

[tweet]1062451297239089155[/tweet]

Come on people, it's funny.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Time for a lay down Daz, me thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here