Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray - extended contract

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...bion-contract/?dm_i=2D77,1BW1N,3IME1U,4BTV6,1

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray has extended his contract with the club by a further year, until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Murray is the club’s leading goalscorer, having scored six times this season, and reached 100 goals for Albion with his most recent strike against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Manager Chris Hughton said, “We are delighted to have extended Glenn’s contract. He has proved a vital member of the team and his goals have been crucial to us.

“Glenn has scored consistently for us, first in helping us win promotion, and now in the Premier League as we seek to establish ourselves at the top level.

“He’s proved himself at the very top late in his career, and his professionalism and approach on and off the pitch is a big factor in why he’s still doing it now.

“After recently reaching the 100-goal mark for the club, I know Glenn will be hungry to add more goals to that tally, and I am pleased he’s extended his time with the club.”

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Murray contract extended

Glenn Murray has extended his contract with the club for a further year to June 2020.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I doubt he will see that out as a first team regular, and actually I hope he is not still our main striker to be honest next season, no disrespect meant to Glenn,

But excellent impact player, to bring on.

Definitely a legend

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This really was a no-brainer for the club. He's still fit and firing, easily worth another year. 124 goals must now be the target...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I doubt he will see that out as a first team regular, and actually I hope he is not still our main striker to be honest next season, no disrespect meant to Glenn,

But excellent impact player, to bring on.

Definitely a legend

Given what I have seen of his replacements then I think we will be offering him another extension next year

Excellent news...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I thought he’d go In January for a million, which would have been a massive mistake. On a particularly paranoid day, I feared it would be back up the m23.
Thank God that hasn’t happened

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The repetition of another Murray-Freebee-To-Palace situation is almost impossible now. This makes me very very happy. Well done Glenn & club for learning your lessons; you are better off #together.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love the man and his fear of birds, but...

I Bloody hope not, unless it is as a coach...

Age is just a number. Murray is STILL performing week in, week out and staying fit. Teddy Sheringham played in the Premier League when he was 40 - Murray has a similar languid style, what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his craft and guile in the box. He looks in as good a nick as ever, I could easily see him getting another year if he maintains these levels.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
CH and the recruitment team aren't confident of landing that shiny new 20 goal a season striker in the next couple of transfer windows then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here