Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
In fairness to him, he's only earning £2.5m a year. Must be hard getting by on £25,000 a week after tax.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He may have done a good job (?) but he's been well paid for doing it. £5M bonus is just obscene - I really hope the clubs tell Buck to get stuffed. Sadly, I expect they'll all fork out - rich boys must stick together, after all.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That is an absolute disgrace and should be rejected out of hand except of course it won't be because of this ****ing obscene fat cat upper quartile boys club that exists.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Think I read somewhere that Scudmore has earned at least £26million from the Premier League in less than 20 years. I imagine he's not struggling, and will walk into another highly paid job afterwards. Give the cash to a Brighton charity Tony, and let everyone know you've done it.

If club directors and chairmen that have benefited for 20 years from the PL want off their own back or out of their own pockets to give him something, then that's up to them, but they shoiuldn't be press-ganging everyone to take part.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
how about them saying £5 million to be paid into a trust fund for lower leagues?

It'd be great If Dicky donated it in that way.
I really can't believe this Chelsea goon would come up with such a frivolous thing. Imagine being a Cardiff supporter and hearing it!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Think I read somewhere that Scudmore has earned at least £26million from the Premier League in less than 20 years. I imagine he's not struggling, and will walk into another highly paid job afterwards. Give the cash to a Brighton charity Tony, and let everyone know you've done it.

If club directors and chairmen that have benefited for 20 years from the PL want off their own back or out of their own pockets to give him something, then that's up to them, but they shoiuldn't be press-ganging everyone to take part.

26 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I won't complain the next time one of those collection envelopes comes round at work for someone leaving.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What's wrong with a fiver and sign the card, like everyone else?

Seriously, that's obscene. I could just about tolerate it if he said it was going to a children's charity or grassroots football.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A repulsive gesture.

I've got a feeling though that Barber will be in favour because in the money world he operates in that's just normal.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's like there's a bet going on as to how many obscene ways we can flash the enormous amounts of cash around at this level.

Far from being a little bit embarrassed at the riches on offer, it seems to be a concerted effort to rub everyone up the wrong way, and continue to get away with it.

"Football fans are so thick, so set in their ways, that there is literally NOTHING we could do that would make them turn their backs on the game in disgust"
"Nah, you've underestimated them, they have a limit like anyone else."
"Not when it comes to their precious football. We could let owners change the club colours, we could have criminals pass the fit and proper persons test, we could have clubs go bankrupt leaving a trail of local businesses out of pocket, we could pay ever more obscene amounts to players, owners, even us administrators. We could arrange kick-off times so that fans can't get back from away games, hand out bonus caps to old has-beens making it sound like a charity game, but keeping all the revenue for ourselves. We could do ANYTHING, and like a faithful old dog, they'll keep coming back for more."
"It's a bet! £1, you will eventually do something so outrageous that they turn their back."
"You're on ... watch this!"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair, £2.5M a year for a CEO of a BILLION pound organisation isn't that great is it ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m astonished at the bare-faced cheek of this. I sincerely hope Bloom and Barber tell him to do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here