Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do the club sound in teh least bit hacked off by it though, or did that Barber response come across as snipping at US for moaning about it?

It was a predictably corporate response I suppose, but at least it shed some light on how this is ACTUALLY being processed, as opposed to the emotive manner it is currently still being portrayed and discussed. You'd have thought the Premier League would have outlined this properly in their statement when they announced it, to at least partially allay some of the fallout. But then again - they probably REALLY don't give a shit what us fans think. When have they ever ?

Although I am still annoyed with the pay off, I am at least now happy the money will not come directly from us as I now understand it.

Its still money out of the game which could be spent on better things.

Thats pretty much where I am on all this now.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Sums it up nicely.

D1C9C223-2D7C-4E86-87EB-38AA55F3FCBB.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The nature of the payment is that it does reduce the amount of money available to individual clubs
But why? I didn't get that impression from Barber's email - from his email I thought that general PL funds would be used. I don't see how the PL can just decide to take money from the clubs (or pay the clubs less, same difference) without their permission?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A stench by any other name is a stench, and no amount of deodorant sprayed on it can stop it being a stench. And a £5M bung to an already ridiculously rich and well paid person still comes out as a stench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here