Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richard Scudamore: Premier League clubs asked for £250,000 towards £5m bonus

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Absolute joke.

I normally hate whataboutism, because (especially where money is concerned) it's never as simple as money ringfenced for this thing should be spent on that thing instead.

But, in this case. That is 250,000 we are getting NOTHING for. If we can afford to toss a quarter of a million quid at a millionaire who's quitting his job, we can afford to toss a quarter of a million quid at REMF or local schools, or helping retired players or anything, literally ANYTHING else.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute joke.

I normally hate whataboutism, because (especially where money is concerned) it's never as simple as money ringfenced for this thing should be spent on that thing instead.

But, in this case. That is 250,000 we are getting NOTHING for. If we can afford to toss a quarter of a million quid at a millionaire who's quitting his job, we can afford to toss a quarter of a million quid at REMF or local schools, or helping retired players or anything, literally ANYTHING else.

Agreed. And the fact that we've only been a part of Scudamore's pool party for one season makes it even more of a joke - we've been on the outside looking in for almost his entire spell. I'd love to hear Barbers justification for this.

They needed 14 of the 20 clubs to agree to it in order to get this through. We should CERTAINLY have sided with the other 5 clubs who opposed it, then we'd only have needed one more club to say 'no' to get it blocked.

The club supports a lot of great stuff in the community, but it leaves a really, really sour taste when BHA feels its ok to give an outgoing fatcat a £250k "thank you" bung that he in no way needs.

Grubby, grubby, grubby.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute joke.

I'd love to hear Barbers justification for this.

The club supports a lot of great stuff in the community, but it leaves a really, really sour taste when BHA feels its ok to give an outgoing fatcat a £250k "thank you" bung that he in no way needs.

Grubby, grubby, grubby.

+1

Genuinely, if it is confirmed that we have contributed the reported sum to this 'bonus', then I want to hear from Barber why we agreed to do so, and if it was effectively a 'no choice' scenario, then I want to know that.

Otherwise, please, please don't bother sending me little videos of Bruno asking that I bring a pound for the latest AITC bucket collection, or whatever. Like, ever again.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
+1

Genuinely, if it is confirmed that we have contributed the reported sum to this 'bonus', then I want to hear from Barber why we agreed to do so, and if it was effectively a 'no choice' scenario, then I want to know that.

Otherwise, please, please don't bother sending me little videos of Bruno asking that I bring a pound for the latest AITC bucket collection, or whatever. Like, ever again.

All Albion supporters and AITC deserve to know exactly the reasoning behind Barber supporting this. Have we really forgotten our past so quickly? Even ten years ago that sort of money would have made a MASSIVE difference to the club.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
+1

+2

Approx 500 season ticket holders money spunked on a farewell gift for a multi millionaire. It wasn't that long ago, Aaron Berry won that in the coca cola competition.

What a shower of shit we have become.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My suspicion is that Barber will have "nothing to add" to the official Premier League statement that has come out today.

Interestingly, but not surprisingly, despite them releasing a statement, there is absolutely no mention of this bung on the official Premier League website either.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If we did give him 250k, I hope it was in the form of WHSmith vouchers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here