Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kewell sacked by Notts County 10 weeks into 3 year contract

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
15 full-time managers and 8 caretakers in the last decade in which the club have not appeared in the top 2 divisions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
15 full-time managers and 8 caretakers in the last decade in which the club have not appeared in the top 2 divisions.

Not followed their progress closely, has to be said, but that level of managerial churn strongly suggests that the owners are the root problem.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sake! He was on Football Focus just the other week.

Cupid stunts.

Football will eat itself :wozza:

TBF usually the length of contract usually doesnt tell the whole truth, most clubs will say that the term of the contract is x,y,z to allow the fans to accept he might be around for sometime and give him some leeway early on, but mostly there is a clause which means they can get sacked at any time with just x number of months money.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Terrible manager. Extrapolating/condensing his overall record over a 46-game season, he would have finished a team bottom of League Two last season, possibly second-bottom (depending on goal difference) of League One. Didn't improve any Crawley players and didn't rate Coxy...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just quoting two opinions that disagree with your statement, that the owner might be the problem in this particular situation.
Alan Hardy is a decent owner as far as I've heard and unlikely to be the problem.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Having now worked in football for a significant period of time, I have had the opportunity to learn from other clubs what good looks like."

- Notts County owner chairman Alan Hardy, 31st August 2018.

Well, I guess he knows what shit looks like now as well. What a bunch of jokers some of these owners are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's fairly well known how Coxy was treated at Crawley.

So what was Kewell supposed to do considering he didn't rate Cox, a player he inherited?

"Having now worked in football for a significant period of time, I have had the opportunity to learn from other clubs what good looks like."

- Notts County owner chairman Alan Hardy, 31st August 2018.

Well, I guess he knows what shit looks like now as well. What a bunch of jokers some of these owners are.
Basically, he's panicking. The only reason for this sacking as far as I can see is that he's got a manager with connections lined up. Because the only way to get Notts out of their mess is to replace their crap players with better ones in January.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here