Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kewell sacked by Notts County 10 weeks into 3 year contract

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Coxy gave up on professional football years ago, unfortunately. His ego wrote cheques that his talent couldn't cash.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

He had quite a lot of personal and health problems. He spoke out about his depression recently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Basically, he's panicking. The only reason for this sacking as far as I can see is that he's got a manager with connections lined up. Because the only way to get Notts out of their mess is to replace their crap players with better ones in January.

Bit of a crap appointment in the first place then wasn't it. Hardy has to take responsibility for that - if you appoint someone, and then 14 games later you bin them off, then basically you've fvcked up. And as you say, he's panicked.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bit of a crap appointment in the first place then wasn't it. Hardy has to take responsibility for that - if you appoint someone, and then 14 games later you bin them off, then basically you've fvcked up. And as you say, he's panicked.

Frankly I'm amazed that Kewell wanted to jump ship in the first place, he wasn't making too bad a job of things at Crawley.

Then again, I guess money always wins, that and that and the thought he was going to a "bigger" club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Frankly I'm amazed that Kewell wanted to jump ship in the first place, he wasn't making too bad a job of things at Crawley.

Then again, I guess money always wins, that and that and the thought he was going to a "bigger" club.

Notts County are a bigger club.

Seems like they're suffering a severe post-Playoff hangover this season though. Nolan came in and saved them from relegation in 2017, then they finished 5th last season under him. OK they had a terrible start to this season, but sacking Nolan before August was out was a ridiculous decision, and now he's compounded it with this whole Kewell fiasco.

Hardy is a successful businessman so he's clearly not stupid, but its astonishing how many owners seem to take leave of their senses when it comes to running a football club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Seems like they're suffering a severe post-Playoff hangover this season though. Nolan came in and saved them from relegation in 2017, then they finished 5th last season under him. OK they had a terrible start to this season, but sacking Nolan before August was out was a ridiculous decision, and now he's compounded it with this whole Kewell fiasco.

Hardy is a successful businessman so he's clearly not stupid, but its astonishing how many owners seem to take leave of their senses when it comes to running a football club.

:thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a shame that Kewell left Crawley, the squad he'd built there is actually pretty good with talent all over the pitch. Plenty of pace in attack, bit of strength at the back and a decent league 2 goalkeeper between the posts. No depth, obviously - but a decent team there and could easily have become a feeder club for us. It's a shame that he chose to leave, he could really have done something this season but instead he went for the bigger job. Wrong move at the wrong time in my opinion because he now has to start again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Something odd happened there - surely Nolan and Kewell can't both be responsible for a top 5 side turning to ullage overnight. Sacking the pair in a blink of an eye does not strike me as stable chairmanship either.

Like others I was at the playoff final defenestration. Painful. Still, their manager on the day never had much of a career aftewards, or ever got one over on us again, did he.

Oh :facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was 10 year old me. The first corner they scored from should have been a goal kick. Thought it then, still think it now!

Gary Chivers too. He played it off their man and couldn’t believe it when the ref (Elleray, I think?) gave a corner. Apparently he bumped into him in a restaurant after they’d both retired and gave him such a mouthful that Elleray was forced to leave. Good for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here