Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Absolute Proof

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm currently reading Peter James latest novel "Absolute Proof" and am in danger of getting in trouble at work for being late, lack of productivity and general lack of interest because I can't put the damn book down.

Should have booked time off or waited until international break weekend.

Considering setting my out-of-office message "busy with Peter James" but not sure I will get away with it.

The premise of the book is that someone has discovered Absolute Proof of the existence of God, and that there are some other religious loonies out to stop it getting out.

Ex Argus journo, Ross fron Patcham, is caught up in it, and presumably only God and Peter James knows what happens next.

Anyone else loving this book?

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Has the nature of the "absolute proof" been disclosed yet? If so, is it absolute proof? I wonder what that would look like...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

:clap:

I’ve been musing about the point though. I think it was Arthur C Clarke who said that any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic. (Imagine describing TV to Henry VIII, for example - though he’d be delighted at how frequently he’s on it).

So - I wonder what absolute proof of the existence of God would entail...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I thought perfect people was very good.
41874B18-886B-44B7-B51E-FCE264501676.jpeg
A fascinating novel centred on genetics and cloning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’ve been musing about the point though. I think it was Arthur C Clarke who said that any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic.
Indeed. Although I've studied physics, I still can't understand how radio waves etc go straight through solid walls. As an example of the magic in action, I'd just use sound. How can we make a noise that goes through walls and is still recognisable etc? Black magic everywhere.

So - I wonder what absolute proof of the existence of God would entail...
Given that we're making the existence of god up, we're pretty free to make up any example we like. She (I've decided god is a she) could just talk to us all at once, addressing us all individually by our names, speaking to each of us in our own language, telling us all to sort our shit out. She could turn night into day. A little godly firework display would go down well I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm currently reading Peter James latest novel "Absolute Proof" and am in danger of getting in trouble at work for being late, lack of productivity and general lack of interest because I can't put the damn book down.

Should have booked time off or waited until international break weekend.

Considering setting my out-of-office message "busy with Peter James" but not sure I will get away with it.

The premise of the book is that someone has discovered Absolute Proof of the existence of God, and that there are some other religious loonies out to stop it getting out.

Ex Argus journo, Ross fron Patcham, is caught up in it, and presumably only God and Peter James knows what happens next.

Anyone else loving this book?

Now reduced from £20 to £10 on Amazon :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here