Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Lewis Dunk abusing the ref?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I despise Twatter. Another non-entity, another stupid opinion, another non-story, a few more gigabytes churning around the Twattosphere like poo at the sewage plant. Do you ever wonder what's the point?

Although I know some people actually love it. So that's all good then!
I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He clearly is facing the ref. Are you blinded by you blue and white specs?

I think he tells Gunardsson to F off first, then someone running in behind Atkinson. Don't think he even looks at the ref. Shot is foreshortened he's further behind Atkinson than it looks in those shot, he then runs round the front of Atkinson not even stopping to speak or say anything. Think you're wrong as is Oakley, nothing to do with specs.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I despise Twatter. Another non-entity, another stupid opinion, another non-story, a few more gigabytes churning around the Twattosphere like poo at the sewage plant. Do you ever wonder what's the point?

Although I know some people actually love it. So that's all good then!

Don't hold back. Do you feel good about all the things people post on Twitter?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think he tells Gunardsson to F off first, then someone running in behind Atkinson. Don't think he even looks at the ref. Shot is foreshortened he's further behind Atkinson than it looks in those shot, he then runs round the front of Atkinson not even stopping to speak or say anything. Think you're wrong as is Oakley, nothing to do with specs.

Is the correct answer (IMO)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

She's admitted she just 'spotted it on Match of the Day', like you do. So she's gone through the footage to find a couple of seconds to put the boot in and carefully including the fact that he is in the England squad.

It's stirring, no more and no less.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Urgh. Ok grandpa.

No but proves the point, that most of them are only there because of their sex.

She clearly wanted to make a valid point, but being clueless about what she is talking about, has picked totally the wrong clip to make that point with. It's clear Dunk was shouting at someone else.

It would not have been hard for her to find a clip of a premier league player in the referees face. This is just very very very lazy journalism, from someone who no doubt got handed the job, because she hasn't got a cock between her legs. It clear she didn't work hard for the position, as if she had she would tried a bit harder to find a clip that back up her point, which is a serious matter.

If you want to take it further, then if Dunk WAS abusing the ref, why did he not show him the red card, as per the rules. Instead of the blaming the players, I would look more at the premier league referees for failing in their duty. If they sent off premier league players who abuse them, maybe the message would filter,

But no, lets just stick up for the girls and forget the actual serious issue.

She tried. She Failed. Silly bit**:sheep:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
She is deliberately taking this out of context. Don't know how to do gifs and things, or respond on twitter, but watch the top video in here from 3.42. It's a nonsense to say that Dunk is aiming his language at the ref. He runs up, swears at the guy behind the ref (who I suspect had said something), and then runs past the ref to the melee beyond. If he was being that 'sweary' at the ref with his initial outburst, there is no way he would then simply have run past him and not even looked at him or said something else. He was just telling the Cardiff player to go away, not the ref. Surely she can see this?

[video]https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-11-10-cardiff-brighton[/video]

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes I do know what facing means, and Dunk is clearly facing the Ref. It doesn't matter that the ref isn't reciprocating when he's telling him to f off in his earole.

So in that case you are saying the referee is at fault here, and can bear some of the responsibility of the violence in the game at grass roots level???

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No but proves the point, that most of them are only there because of their sex.

She clearly wanted to make a valid point, but being clueless about what she is talking about, has picked totally the wrong clip to make that point with. It's clear Dunk was shouting at someone else.

It would not have been hard for her to find a clip of a premier league player in the referees face. This is just very very very lazy journalism, from someone who no doubt got handed the job, because she hasn't got a cock between her legs. It clear she didn't work hard for the position, as if she had she would tried a bit harder to find a clip that back up her point, which is a serious matter.

If you want to take it further, then if Dunk WAS abusing the ref, why did he not show him the red card, as per the rules. Instead of the blaming the players, I would look more at the premier league referees for failing in their duty. If they sent off premier league players who abuse them, maybe the message would filter,

But no, lets just stick up for the girls and forget the actual serious issue.

She tried. She Failed. Silly bit**:sheep:

Wow. Some real highlights in there. Poor you.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Wow. Some real highlights in there. Poor you.

Yer, I put them just for dickheads like you. Saves you facing up to the truth that she clearly doesn't know what she is talking about, and is just out to shit stir. Weak Weak journalism. But you and get upset because the nasty made called her clueless and suggested she was placed into the position because she was a girl......... she is hardly backing up the case posting crap like that is she?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I do know what facing means, and Dunk is clearly facing the Ref. It doesn't matter that the ref isn't reciprocating when he's telling him to f off in his earole.

Here's a different camera angle.

[tweet]1062020954719686657[/tweet]

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Who cares what she has to say? It may be worth listening to if it came from a respected male pundit, but they would be busy with important matters. Why can't these girls stick to ladies football and leave the men's game alone. I am fed up with them. Bloody PC and quotas/positive(?) discrimination!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yer, I put them just for dickheads like you. Saves you facing up to the truth that she clearly doesn't know what she is talking about, and is just out to shit stir. Weak Weak journalism. But you and get upset because the nasty made called her clueless and suggested she was placed into the position because she was a girl......... she is hardly backing up the case posting crap like that is she?

She made a rubbish point
She is a woman

The two are separate issues.

You seem to think she made a rubbish point BECAUSE she is a woman DARING to set foot into the male world of football.

You have absolutely no idea of her background but jump to some worrying conclusions. It's weird.

Male journalists can also be rubbish as well.

And cheers for calling me a dickhead. How odd.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

To be fair to Oatley, she is a decent broadcaster and journalist and no doubt got to where she has got on talent, not nepotism like half her male colleages.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's perfectly acceptable to agree or disagree with her on this issue, but the vilification of Jacqui Oatley - a widely respected journalist and presenter with far more knowledge and nous than many on here - just because she is a woman and with such appalling misogyny, is beyond pathetic. I genuinely thought that Brighton fans were a bit more enlightened than that. Clearly some Cro-Magnon throwbacks still lurk on these pages.

For what it's worth, I think that her Tweet comes as a loaded statement, and she hasn't considered all angle and possibilities, so I disagree with her viewpoint. But it's not like any blokes in the know have never done that, is it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's perfectly acceptable to agree or disagree with her on this issue, but the vilification of Jacqui Oatley - a widely respected journalist and presenter with far more knowledge and nous than many on here - just because she is a woman and with such appalling misogyny, is beyond pathetic. I genuinely thought that Brighton fans were a bit more enlightened than that. Clearly some Cro-Magnon throwbacks still lurk on these pages.

For what it's worth, I think that her Tweet comes as a loaded statement, and she hasn't considered all angle and possibilities, so I disagree with her viewpoint. But it's not like any blokes in the know have never done that, is it?

I agree there is blatant misogyny and unfortunately there are regulars on Nsc. I've learned to ignore them.
It's just ignorance and not even worth getting upset about.

This other angle has been pointed out to JO but she has ingored it. It's the blatant naming him as an England player which has riled me. She is stirring and needs calling out but not because she is female.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here