Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dynasties

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't like the way their bums hang out.

You say that AG, but it does come in handy. For example, it made me remember that I still need to get someone round to re-point the patio.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Chimps are not Monkeys they are Apes!

Thank you Johnny Morris.
Anyway, regarding next week which I think is the Penguins, unless they are putting a different spin on it, it has already been done, they stand around in a big group for 6 months in -50 degrees in constant darkness, the ones on the outside get chuffing cold.
Amazing stuff it is too.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought the programme was boring to be honest, switched off after David got beaten up by three other chimpanzees, his toe bitten off massive gash to the leg, had a bit of lie down, a few plums limped 10 miles without getting lost finds the troop again, and was back in the game, fake news or what.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Caught up with this last night and thought it was superb. Thought the camerawork was excellent and for people saying they don't like attributing names to the animals or telling a story – what else are they meant to do. They have to identify them somehow, so why not give them names. The Doris on there has been studying them for 20 years – I'm pretty sure she has a good idea of whether or not they have feelings and what those feelings are! We know they're not REALLY called David, Luther, etc, but does that really make a difference? Stunning effort in telling their story in under 60 minutes.

Some people might not think they get value for money from the BBC, but I would say I get WAY more than £150's worth of entertainment and information from the TV, Radio and online stuff every year. And there's five of us in our house, so it's even better value for money :thumbsup:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
But that was a beating and a half - the deep wound on his leg, digits bitten off and his ball sack ripped open. Poor bugger. But read on the BBC website that the next dry season he was killed and Luther took over!

Gee thanks for the spoiler...

You could have broken it to us a little more gently...

David went out on a jungle boys weekend with Luther, Glenn and Bruno...

They had a disagreement over which trees to pick berries from..

Buno and Glenn had, had a tough day and were on the limit...

Luther had taken up some Ju-jitsu..

There was an altercation...

It kicked off...

David took a couple of slaps hit his head on a turtle shell..

He never recovered and fell into an infinite sleep smiling happily.

Luther took over.

Knowing Easy he will need some mint tea and a shoulder to deal with this.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Everyone knows a chimp called Dave
Love wildlife programmes but thought this one was quite bleak, wasn't a lot of joy going on in this particular chimpanzee world

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
God, those penguins are tough buggers, Mrs LLF has been in bits watching this.

Just a thought, how about if we increase global warming just to help the penguins have a better time of it. :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bit grim to say the least, it's on the edge of being too bad to watch, I pity any kids seeing this.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A grim life those penguins lead

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A grim life those penguins lead

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I must admit, I thought the lucky ones were the ones who didn’t pull in the beginning, and could clear off back to sea for the winter.

Probably went up to the Caribbean for some R,n,R.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The merrier times were fleeting, but i had slight relief in the fact that no vicious snow-wolf came along to nab the lonely penguinitos. Unforgiving climate and tormenting heartbreak, to just about survive amidst and go another year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here