Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 0 (Rock bottom)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mojo is low because we're currently getting worse by the week.

PL vs Championship is a different discussion, they both have pluses and minuses. Play like we did yesterday and we'd have lost to Ipswich.

I gave up my season ticket in 2005, MrMagoos style bored me shitless and I had better things to do, now It's a real struggle to get tickets, and frankly it's not entertaining so I'm not making any effort, just watching live streams/TV, which is arguably better.

football should be entertaining, Brighton are not currently, whilst playing, far from it, hence my dissapointment.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Down to 8 at the moment.Still enjoying it-just sad about some of the whining.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Relinquished my 1901 tickets two years ago due to ill health and now pick the games I want to see and buy a ticket for the day, sit in different places in the ground and enjoy when I go. But only choose matches where i think we can win and only do Saturdays, gave up away matches a while ago because of how we play. Mojo below five at the moment, with yesterdays performance and our complete failure to capitalise on a 1 - 0 lead in the first half hour demonstrated that our game plan and strategy is wrong. If we can't defend against one of the bottom teams why are we setting ourselves up for it. I hear the arguements about staying in the PL, but I find myself making the same criticisms as last year. AS for the £110m we spent in the summer on new signings, this needs to be scrutinised because I'm not sure we gotmuch value at all.

The difficulty I have, is that we can play well when the manager wants us to, but he continues to pursue such a defensive strategy and in this he is taking the players confidence down.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
7 - I started the season as an 8, based on the signings, but whilst delighted with our points tally, I really don't think we are playing very well.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I guess like a lot of others, I was excited by our first season in the PL but was expecting us to improve with all the new signings. What we are seeing instead is our football going backwards, either the new signings aren't as good as we expected or there is something wrong with the coaching and tactics.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're 12th FFS! And Gross has been out for ages, we'll be better when he's back. Mojo rating - 9. Savouring the cut and thrust of battle!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good points total but I’m struggling with the performances. I can’t just pray for survival...... need a bit more that that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Our points/position are deserved, but flattering. If you genuinely think 9, I'll take an 1/8 of whatever you're smoking!

We're 12th FFS! And Gross has been out for ages, we'll be better when he's back. Mojo rating - 9. Savouring the cut and thrust of battle!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our points/position are deserved, but flattering. If you genuinely think 9, I'll take an 1/8 of whatever you're smoking!

No, I just look forward to the weekend and thank my lucky stars i'm able to watch Premier League football in Brighton and not lower league football in an athletics stadium / Kent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’re in the Premier League! Why would it be anything less than 10?

Because we don't look like we belong there? Ten men behind the ball at all times, clinging on to a lead if we get one, set up to keep the GD down, CBs having a lovely time competing with each other to see who can put in the most desperate blocks?

As a Brighton fan, being in the PL is f***in' marvellous............but 10/10? :facepalm:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Because we don't look like we belong there? Ten men behind the ball at all times, clinging on to a lead if we get one, set up to keep the GD down, CBs having a lovely time competing with each other to see who can put in the most desperate blocks?

As a Brighton fan, being in the PL is f***in' marvellous............but 10/10? :facepalm:

Yes! And it’ll stay 10/10 until we get relegated (god forbid). I’ve been a Brighton fan for 35 years, most of those years watching us play in the lower leagues while dreaming about watching us play in the top division. We all knew it wasn’t going to be easy. So we’re not playing great at the moment but our form will return, weren’t we top of the league or thereabouts on form last month? In the meantime I intend to enjoy every minute of being here while it lasts.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Pretty low at the moment.

Saturday we had two teams in the "best league in the universe" playing like utter shit for 90-odd minutes backed up with a truly astonishing refereeing performance (not including the red as I'm still undecided on that)

I don't know. It felt like watching two bang average Championship teams at times. Hoofball all over the shop, misplaced passes, piss poor communication at the back (was it three times Ryan had something comfortably only for one of ours to get in the way).

Even before the Cardiff game we've been pretty dire, needing last gasp penalties to snatch points. Like others I think the last game I enjoyed was the United game.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I actually put 10 as I can't remember looking forward to watching Albion games as much as I do these days in 30 years of watching them. I genuinely love being in the premier league and watching us compete against some unbelievable players (Saturday aside) and every point is massive. Every match seems like a real event.

Having said that, I do think we've got some major issues to sort out at the moment. Our midfield and passing this season has been terrible and I'm worried we will start sliding down the table if we don't make some changes to tactics and personnel. You can't get away with giving up so much possession and so many opportunities to players of the class we're up against most weeks and not start paying for it.

I've got every faith in Hughton though that he will turn it around so bring on Leicester.

Jan 30, 2008
Lost enthusiasm at the moment and getting bored with the Prem in general (but I think largely due to the way we're playing)

We're even playing like the away team at home now, hard to get excited about games

to be fair after all the excitement of getting there ( for some)the reality is we're just a bit part team making up the numbers , hate to say I told you so but that's the way it is .
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I actually put 10 as I can't remember looking forward to watching Albion games as much as I do these days in 30 years of watching them. I genuinely love being in the premier league and watching us compete against some unbelievable players (Saturday aside) and every point is massive. Every match seems like a real event.

Having said that, I do think we've got some major issues to sort out at the moment. Our midfield and passing this season has been terrible and I'm worried we will start sliding down the table if we don't make some changes to tactics and personnel. You can't get away with giving up so much possession and so many opportunities to players of the class we're up against most weeks and not start paying for it.

I've got every faith in Hughton though that he will turn it around so bring on Leicester.
we haven't got far to slide ?

regards
DR

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
to be fair after all the excitement of getting there ( for some)the reality is we're just a bit part team making up the numbers , hate to say I told you so but that's the way it is .
regards
DR

That is hardly a revelatory 'I told you so' is it. Who exactly thought with our wage structure, salary cap and our spending we were going to romp through this league?

The only thing I'm not enjoying is the lack of games seeing as I've not been able to get away much this season. I've thoroughly enjoyed all our home games for different reasons, but then I enjoy football because it makes me delighted, joyous, angry, frustrated and the rest of it. None of the games have actually been 'dull' - which you know all about. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here