Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 0 (Rock bottom)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
From what I’ve seen of Palace this season they may not be getting results but they look a much better side than us they are just missing a striker in form. Everytime I’ve seen them they have made a game of it and looked a decent side. I fully expect them to beat us with or without Zaha especially if we continue playing at home like the away side.

We're Albion right so going into a Palace match being confident of this or that would be mad.
But they "look a much better side...a decent side.." Yep fair enough. I'm nervous too.
But lets face it any neutral will tell you they can't score, they can't win, Zaha can't stay fit, Roy looks at the end of his tether, and they're surely staring relegation in the face. Again. Well we can dream can't we.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
20111021-092912.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In terms of spend and income we are.

and yet if someone had made a derogatory 'we're just a bottom 5 club' your alarm would have gone off, you'd have clutched your pearls and before swooning would have replied with the amount of DAYS the Albion have actually spent in the bottom 5, since it's arrival in the Premier League.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
and yet if someone had made a derogatory 'we're just a bottom 5 club' your alarm would have gone off, you'd have clutched your pearls and before swooning would have replied with the amount of DAYS the Albion have actually spent in the bottom 5, since it's arrival in the Premier League.

I’ve actually got some pearls.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Sadly, I put 3. I just cant get my head around the negative way we play.

We are in a vicious circle now too with regards to the money. Its the same as moving up North, once you are up there you usually cant afford to move back south.

This is the same for the premier league money, once you reach the promised land (South), you then have to do everything you can to stay there, as usually if you then get relegated (North) you can't get back. Just look at the last 12 teams to get relegated.

For me over the next 6 seasons, I would rather have 3 relegations and 3 promotions, at least for 50% of the next 6 years I would believe we have a chance of winning a few away games, and some at home.

At the moment and especially after the car crash display, lack of desire and team selection at Cardiff, I honestly don't know where our next win will come from!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just disappointed that there's so little wow factor in any of the summer signings. For all the money spent there's been very little value added on the pitch so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sadly, I put 3. I just cant get my head around the negative way we play.

We are in a vicious circle now too with regards to the money. Its the same as moving up North, once you are up there you usually cant afford to move back south.

This is the same for the premier league money, once you reach the promised land (South), you then have to do everything you can to stay there, as usually if you then get relegated (North) you can't get back. Just look at the last 12 teams to get relegated.

For me over the next 6 seasons, I would rather have 3 relegations and 3 promotions, at least for 50% of the next 6 years I would believe we have a chance of winning a few away games, and some at home.

At the moment and especially after the car crash display, lack of desire and team selection at Cardiff, I honestly don't know where our next win will come from!!

A season in the Championship, winning loads and scoring loads would be great but the problem with the yoyo principle now is that there are so many competitive teams in the championship, getting back out of the division is so difficult (and getting more so every season I reckon) - just need to look at all the 'big' clubs that can't do it, and relegated clubs that aren't making it back up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just looking back at a few previous threads and it's interesting to see the different averages over the last few years.

Jan 2015 - 6.53
Mar 2016 - 8.49
Mar 2018 - 8.92
Jul 2018 - 7.82
Aug 2018 - 7.91
Nov 2018 - 5.91

It's so much more about the journey than the destination isn't it :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just disappointed that there's so little wow factor in any of the summer signings. For all the money spent there's been very little value added on the pitch so far.

It's difficult to get excited by players who aren't allowed to play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just looking back at a few previous threads and it's interesting to see what the average score now compares to then.

Jan 2015 - 6.53
Mar 2016 - 8.49
Mar 2018 - 8.92
Jul 2018 - 7.82
Nov 2018 - 5.91

It's so much more about the journey than the destination isn't it :)
T'is a shame the question wasn't asked after this seasons Utd game.

It would seem all that game did was set us up for future disappointment.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
A season in the Championship, winning loads and scoring loads would be great but the problem with the yoyo principle now is that there are so many competitive teams in the championship, getting back out of the division is so difficult (and getting more so every season I reckon) - just need to look at all the 'big' clubs that can't do it, and relegated clubs that aren't making it back up.

Agreed Daz, I think if we did go down, we would have very little chance of going straight back up.

I was kinda making a hypothetical point that I would rather 6 years of up and downs, instead of 6 years of negative dross football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe we went for quantity rather than quality - it's starting to look that way, bearing in mind the impact the new signings have had. Perhaps we should have spent the money on just a couple oh huge signings who would have walked straight into the first eleven and improved it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I started the season at a 9 after the transfer dealings. I've now slumped to a 5.

I have not seen anything from the new recruits to suggest we have spent our money well. We are basically relying on Dunk, Duffy & Ryan to keep pulling off performances just to keep us in games. Lose one of those three and.......well..........

I sort of got the defensive set up away last season but now we are using the same tactics at home. We are struggling to get draws or avoid getting beaten by clubs that I see as on a par with us (Southampton, Cardiff, Fulham etc).

Defensive negativity defines the way we are playing now. Not only is it not a good watch, I'm not convinced it is going to work.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm giving it a Len Goodman ... seven!!! .... We've played rubbish recently .... fair enough ... but we're above Palace and at the end of the day, that's the only thing which matters

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Historically we are a lower than average old Div One team
People's expectations about the type of football we should be playing are way too high
Negative vibes spread rapidly
We are doing just fine

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Worried we are going to absolutely humped - week in, week out - when Ryan is off to whatever competition he is playing in through January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe we went for quantity rather than quality - it's starting to look that way, bearing in mind the impact the new signings have had. Perhaps we should have spent the money on just a couple oh huge signings who would have walked straight into the first eleven and improved it.

I don't see it that way at all.
I see the recruitment policy as being set up to look for resale value.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
8 - we are doing great... cheer up! :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Knowing our luck they probably will but so far this season they've failed to beat Saints, Watford, Newcastle, Wolves, Bournemouth as well as Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs mostly with Mr Tumble.
Bit like us then?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here