Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 0 (Rock bottom)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is great to be in the PL and the feeling when we win is fantastic, I would say however that we are probably the dullest team in the league in terms of creativity and enjoyment to watch. If I was not a Brighton fan I would certainly not watch our games on TV.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is great to be in the PL and the feeling when we win is fantastic, I would say however that we are probably the dullest team in the league in terms of creativity and enjoyment to watch. If I was not a Brighton fan I would certainly not watch our games on TV.

Yep, that’s a given, we do stink the division out in terms of entertainment, even Wimbledon in their much derided top flight days were more entertaining than us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The ideal fan who chooses not to comment on any shortcomings, or maybe doesn’t think that there are any :thumbsup:

I'm fortunate to have nothing to moan about in life and that extends to the club I love. Forty five years of watching them has had as many ups as downs but I'll be in a box underground before I'm too bored to stop wanting to see them play.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you can't enjoy where we are as a club right now then see a Doctor (a good one )

Big difference between enjoying being here and enjoying the fare served up on the pitch. Have you tried getting a doctor’s appointment these days, you’d probably have to wait until after the International break, when all be well with Gross and Propper back. So probably need to cance it anyway :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm fortunate to have nothing to moan about in life and that extends to the club I love. Forty five years of watching them has had as many ups as downs but I'll be in a box underground before I'm too bored to stop wanting to see them play.

I will NEVER be too bored to watch but they are boring the arse off me for 90 mins recently. I really do believe we should be just a bit more adventurous in games against bottom half clubs and show more faith in defenders being able to defend and wingers being allowed to play as wingers not wing backs.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
9/10

We have a superb chairman, a manager whose dignity and level headedness is a credit to his profession and a squad of hard working players who are operating at the extent of their experience and ability.

In which case we're f**ked. 4/10 for me.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
With the money we spent in the summer on new signings yet not ONE has really justified the fees!

I’ve heard a murmur that some within the club are not happy about the above too...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
With the money we spent in the summer on new signings yet not ONE has really justified the fees!

I’ve heard a murmur that some within the club are not happy about the above too...
Must have been our highest spending window this summer but only one of them started the game yesterday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I will NEVER be too bored to watch but they are boring the arse off me for 90 mins recently. I really do believe we should be just a bit more adventurous in games against bottom half clubs and show more faith in defenders being able to defend and wingers being allowed to play as wingers not wing backs.

Fair enough, do you think this is a case of it's better to travel than to arrive, and that we would be better off in the Championship? Having seen the likes of Southampton, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and so on, I've not come away thinking they are any more adventurous or entertaining than the Albion, the only clubs where that could be the case are Fulham (but they get punished for it) Bournemouth, and as much as I hate to say it, Palace when Zaha is in the team.

The Premier League isn't exciting.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nothing wrong with calling out what our style is: dull, negative and turgidly boring to watch. I hope and expect us to do much better, nothing wrong with saying that either!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Montoya seems okay to me, Andone looks promising, Bissouma has flashes but makes too many mistakes, but that's what £15 million buys you in todays market. Balogun is being kept out by two excellent defenders. Jahanbakhsh disappointing to date but doesn't look fit, Bernardo disappointing.

Fees are completely distorted at present IMO.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fair enough, do you think this is a case of it's better to travel than to arrive, and that we would be better off in the Championship? Having seen the likes of Southampton, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and so on, I've not come away thinking they are any more adventurous or entertaining than the Albion, the only clubs where that could be the case are Fulham (but they get punished for it) Bournemouth, and as much as I hate to say it, Palace when Zaha is in the team.

The Premier League isn't exciting.

One of my best football nights at the Amex was against Sheffield Wednesday when Murray got sent off, we just didn’t give up and threw all but the kitchen sink at em, could have done with that yesterday!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Welcome to the Premier League. First season is exciting seeing big names, clubs and MOTD highlights. But the reality slowly creeps in that you can’t compete with a third of the clubs and survival is such a be all and end all it promotes nervy, negative football.

In many ways I think it would be preferable to have 4/5 years in the top league to balance the books coupled with 1 or 2 successful seasons in the Championship.

As a fan I get much better value in the Championship. Yes the standard isn’t as good but you see competitive matches week in week out where all 3 results are possible. In contrast you don’t go away from home as a 20/1 outsider having to put ten men behind the ball for 90 minutes with 20% possession and take a 2-0 defeat as a positive ivo goal difference.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Style above substance against teams we should at least compete against. An acceptance of defeat before even getting on the coach will never promote a positive attitude.

Yesterday was particularly dire!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of my best football nights at the Amex was against Sheffield Wednesday when Murray got sent off, we just didn’t give up and threw all but the kitchen sink at em, could have done with that yesterday!

Sending Murray off doesn't hurt the team.
Another player going while Murray stays on does.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’m just disappointed that professional footballers can’t string two passes together without giving the ball away. Our ball retention is awful. I know people will cite the absence of Pascal and Davvy, but the others should be able to knock the ball about with some degree of competency considering how much they get paid! Nothing frustrates me more than when we are clinging on to a slender lead or trying to claw our way back in to the game or trying to break a deadlock, than giving the ball away so cheaply and letting teams attack us :rant:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
8/10

We're doing alright. F**k going down, anyone saying that can stick it up their arse. That's the cowards' way out and also incredibly selfish. How about we try and build the club up to be in a position where we can compete even if it's only for a season or 2 before the cycle gets reset. The longer we're in the top division the more secure we'll be in the long term.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Very bored with the style of football being played and although I watch every game I have only felt entertained in the United and Fulham games.

Really disappointed that the new players haven’t improved what we had already, didn’t see that coming.

Disgruntled but accepting sums it up for me.

Andone looks promising ......Aj just doesn't look fast enough to be what he's supposed to be . Locadia , well , he's the biggest disappointment so far .......hopefully he comes good , finds his niche or whatever or however you want to put it ......hopefully the German makes all the difference on his return .

mojometer is wavering between 5 & 6 of 10 , i know we are not expected to be winning many games but the way we have played recently is very worrying , clueless and defending for our lives , sitting back and letting crap teams run all over us .........if we don't get a grip we could easily end up scrapping in the bottom 5

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Did we though? I thought Wednesday controlled the game after the red card, we were indebted to Stockdale for perhaps the best double save I've seen at the Amex, which in turn got the crowd behind the team, and we scored a very late winner through a breakaway.

Were the tactics yesterday any different in that we were playing reasonably well with ten men and then started getting into more of their half in the last 10-15 minutes. There was also the advantage against Wedenesday of them finishing the match with nine men.

In terms of unpredictable attacking football we are far better suited to the Championship than the Premier League, but is it realistic to expect otherwise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here