Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Trump and War Graves visit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh dear,oh dear.Those of us you have actually served are normally pleasantly surprised when politicos can't attend.We know that most of them don't actually give a flying fig,and can get back to the piss-up quicker, without ear-ache.I dare say that the security details from the various other nations were relieved as well,as Trump is the number 1 target for all the World's crazies at the moment.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
So right now I’m on hols in Grenada.
I checked the time at 1055, and the heavens opened in one of those short tropical deluges.
As I stood (outside of my poolside cabana For two mins at 1100, I enjoyed the race n.
At 1102 the rain stopped.
The irony was not lost on me.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Apologies for the typos ��

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
In the US it is not a simply a body count.
I'm certainly no Trump fan. I would point out that our system can equally well throw up anomalies. You don't need the most votes. Harold Wilson (1974) governed although Edward Heath gained more than 200,000 more votes

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Did Hillary get her hair wet today?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm certainly no Trump fan. I would point out that our system can equally well throw up anomalies. You don't need the most votes. Harold Wilson (1974) governed although Edward Heath gained more than 200,000 more votes

Yes, I'm aware of that, hence my reference to semi-Rotten Boroughs. At present, it takes fewer votes to elect an MP in many inner urban constituencies, over that elsewhere. Something the Electoral Commission have firmly in their sights, with a redrawing of boundaries likely.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Oh dear,oh dear.Those of us you have actually served are normally pleasantly surprised when politicos can't attend.We know that most of them don't actually give a flying fig,and can get back to the piss-up quicker, without ear-ache.I dare say that the security details from the various other nations were relieved as well,as Trump is the number 1 target for all the World's crazies at the moment.

Did Hillary get her hair wet today?

As a veteran also, if I was an American I doubt if I would have been too impressed if my Armed Forces Commander in Chief couldn’t be bothered to attend a commemoration of nearly 120,000 of my country’s fallen because it was raining. It is actions like his that encourage peoples contempt for politicians .
As for Hilary Clinton, who knows if it was raining wherever she is, and as she isn’t POTUS, she didn’t have the duty to represent her nation at a remembrance service, so it probably doesn’t matter, I mean a real President would never ignore such a duty because of a bit of drizzle, would they?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, I'm aware of that, hence my reference to semi-Rotten Boroughs. At present, it takes fewer votes to elect an MP in many inner urban constituencies, over that elsewhere. Something the Electoral Commission have firmly in their sights, with a redrawing of boundaries likely.
Yes the other "issue" that we have (not sure its a problem but it is an anomaly), in very safe Labour constituencies there tends to be a lower voter turnout than in similarly safe Tory seats.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As a veteran also, if I was an American I doubt if I would have been too impressed if my Armed Forces Commander in Chief couldn’t be bothered to attend a commemoration of nearly 120,000 of my country’s fallen because it was raining. It is actions like his that encourage peoples contempt for politicians .
As for Hilary Clinton, who knows if it was raining wherever she is, and as she isn’t POTUS, she didn’t have the duty to represent her nation at a remembrance service, so it probably doesn’t matter, I mean a real President would never ignore such a duty because of a bit of drizzle, would they?

On a cold and wet parade,a load of poor long-suffering grunts had to put up with Macron making a 5 minute speech last 25 minutes.He goes back to his nice warm limousine,they're still stuck on parade.Bet they're really impressed.How do you know Trump wasn't advised not to go because of the continuing security problems in France?Jeremy isn't PM,but managed to drag his carcass to the Cenotaph,runner-up or not.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On a cold and wet parade,a load of poor long-suffering grunts had to put up with Macron making a 5 minute speech last 25 minutes.He goes back to his nice warm limousine,they're still stuck on parade.Bet they're really impressed.How do you know Trump wasn't advised not to go because of the continuing security problems in France?Jeremy isn't PM,but managed to drag his carcass to the Cenotaph,runner-up or not.

The Americans have said it was due to inclement weather that the helicopters couldn’t fly, Macron made it from Paris by road. The servicemen on duty would know a high profile and important event wouldn’t be over in 10 minutes, and then off down the pub, I know I did at the Cenotaph in London.
Corbyn is Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition therefore required to attend, Hilary Clinton isn’t even a Senator now.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

trump is all the world's craziies at the moment

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I despise Trump, Pence, the current Repulbican Party and the racists amongst their supporters every bit as much as you.

There's a very significant problem at present with the US Electoral College system, with in effect votes for Repuplicans counting for more than those for Democrats in several key swing states. Both for Presidential and Congress contests. The equivalent of semi-rotten boroughs in the UK, where an inner urban vote with a smaller constituency can deliver an MP with far less votes than elsewhere.

Plus WE need a charismatic Democrat candidate to come to the fore, with no mud sticking on their past to prevent vicious Trump and his US/Russian right wing backers destroying them through advertising and social media.

Very well put. Gerrymandering and voter suppression are real issues that need to addressed here in the US.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your reply to posts I choose to not read was dignified. Once again I am reminded why I have some posters on ignore.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Americans have said it was due to inclement weather that the helicopters couldn’t fly, Macron made it from Paris by road. The servicemen on duty would know a high profile and important event wouldn’t be over in 10 minutes, and then off down the pub, I know I did at the Cenotaph in London.
Corbyn is Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition therefore required to attend, Hilary Clinton isn’t even a Senator now.

Some people choose to use hate as an excuse for their bullshit. And bullshit as an excuse for their hate. A real shame on such a day. Anyone responding to the criticism of Trump with 'whataboutery' deserves to get in the ****ing sea as far as I'm concerned. With the toe of my boot up their arse.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I despise Trump, Pence, the current Repulbican Party and the racists amongst their supporters every bit as much as you.

There's a very significant problem at present with the US Electoral College system, with in effect votes for Repuplicans counting for more than those for Democrats in several key swing states. Both for Presidential and Congress contests. The equivalent of semi-rotten boroughs in the UK, where an inner urban vote with a smaller constituency can deliver an MP with far less votes than elsewhere.

Plus WE need a charismatic Democrat candidate to come to the fore, with no mud sticking on their past to prevent vicious Trump and his US/Russian right wing backers destroying them through advertising and social media.

That sounds like Avenatti to me. I reckon he'll run.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Who has targeted Trump? In a dangerous way, I mean, not just words.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Embarrassing, ill thought comments. Nothing new.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here