Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Trump and War Graves visit

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So players kneeling during the national anthem at NFL games is unacceptable, but deciding you can't be arsed to go and pay respects to dead veterans of the country you're in charge of when loads of other national leaders are doing exactly that because it's a bit drizzly is fine?

Some truly ****ed up priorities right there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's lost weight and he served in the army so I don't think it's the right time of year to insult him even if you are member of momentum.
Soames has always been championing the forces and is considered one of the few mps who understands the needs to fully fund them

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The president was scheduled to pay tribute at a ceremony at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in Belleau, about 85 km (50 miles) east of Paris, with his wife Melania. But light steady rain and a low cloud ceiling prevented his helicopter from traveling to the site.

All the other world leaders involved made it to the site today with no issues? Pathetic individual. If it were a game of golf I’m sure he would have turned up.

He is also getting widely criticised for calling the events tomorrow ‘celebrations’ rather than a commemoration. He really is clueless.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Heres the tweet...:ffsparr:

Attachments

• 20181110_233246.jpg
    20181110_233246.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 433

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The president was scheduled to pay tribute at a ceremony at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in Belleau, about 85 km (50 miles) east of Paris, with his wife Melania. But light steady rain and a low cloud ceiling prevented his helicopter from traveling to the site.

I would have thought he could afford a car......

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Draft dodger too. Pathetic man.

Excuse me, a draft dodger who then criticised John McCain for being captured, if you don't mind.

Are you Sarah Huckabee Saunders?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
America didn't really get themselves involved in WW1

You should say that to my American wife who’s American grandfather drove an ambulance in WWI. He came back from France with mustard gas poisoning and died a few years later.

The small town I live in, in the US has banners up downtown for the 100 year anniversary commemorating the soldiers that died from this town. Young lads only 18-24 years old.

A quick Google search tells me 116,708 US soldiers died in WWI.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m not the least bit surprised he bailed. Deep down shame and he doesn’t want to be reminded of his failure to serve his country. It’s why he criticises war veterans. He doesn’t wish to serve his country. Like his whoremongering ancestors he only wishes to take from it and it’s people.
And war veterans turn out in their droves to support him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's a blessing that he didn't go- because within three sentences it would have been all about him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's cutting, especially coming from the useless lazy Fatty Soames

I'm no fan, but he did serve in the Royal Hussars.

As said on another thread, that American cemetery contains the bodies of two sons of a previous president. Theodore Roosevelt.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No doubt the Trump lovers on here will be on to defend him soon enough but he really is one of the most despicable, egotistical, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, thick, lying morons that ever took public office and I have nothing but contempt for anyone who supports him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Trump is a draft dodger and he is not fit to represent his country at a war memorial. Truth be told, he probably had no interest in attending as America didn't really get themselves involved in WW1. His actions today were that of an individual with no understanding of the role of the presidency. He wasn't attending for himself, he was attending for his country and as a mark of respect to those who died. The casualties died in the worst conditions imaginable and did so with a sense of pride in representing their countries, but Trump couldn't bring himself to pay tribute. If his helicopter couldn't make the trip, he should have insisted on making the trip by car - he should have attended. His no show is a disgrace to anyone who has ever served in a military, how he can present himself as the Commander in Chief of the US's military is now beyond me.

He will always be remembered as one of that country's great mistakes.

U. S. lost over 100,000 military personnel in that war. Very much involved in the latter stages.

Maybe he thinks they are beneath him. Perhaps he just doesn't respect the ones that get killed. Not smart enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here