Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *This weekend's other PL games*

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At half time they talked about 6 different injustices in yesterday's PL games, including at Cardiff.

It's been funny watching football fans moaning about the lack of video replays and how the referees aren't given any help. Because, on other sporting threads, England rugby fans are moaning about the availability of video replays and how they're spoiling the game. Seems like sporting administrators can't ever win.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Callum Chambers just put in a very similar tackle on Salah, as Stephens' one yesterday. Slid in, studs up and connected with the shin. Just a yellow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's been funny watching football fans moaning about the lack of video replays and how the referees aren't given any help. Because, on other sporting threads, England rugby fans are moaning about the availability of video replays and how they're spoiling the game. Seems like sporting administrators can't ever win.

The moaning and endless analysis by hindsight media outlets, won't stop.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Chambers challenge on Salah way more dangerous than Stephens' but only a yellow for an away player at Anfield. Highlights the inconsistencies of refereeing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just how sanitized would the last 24 hours have been if the ref had trotted off to watch Cardiff's winning goal, to then disallow it.

It's just not cricket.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just how sanitized would the last 24 hours have been if the ref had trotted off to watch Cardiff's winning goal, to then disallow it.

It's just not cricket.

Oh, I agree. I'm not in favour of them - for football or rugby - players should accept that they'll get bad decisions occasionally. But it amused me, looking at various threads this morning.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Callum Chambers just put in a very similar tackle on Salah, as Stephens' one yesterday. Slid in, studs up and connected with the shin. Just a yellow.
Yes but Salah didn't make a meal of it and neither did the players. Professionals

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty of people are calling it a 'red card' challenge.

How does that mitigate Stephens challenge yesterday?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 points from the Chelsea v Everton game was this the only match not to have a bugler playing Last Post and if so is it because it started after 11am. also no Drinkwater in the squad so could we try for a loan in January.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
West Brom 4-0 Leeds, surely a mistake ???

Leeds players were probably still hungover from celebrating the Championship title they were awarded after winning two games in August.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
2 points from the Chelsea v Everton game was this the only match not to have a bugler playing Last Post and if so is it because it started after 11am. also no Drinkwater in the squad so could we try for a loan in January.

Sure, why not? £100,000+ per week wages for a defensive midfielder sounds right up our street.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sure, why not? £100,000+ per week wages for a defensive midfielder sounds right up our street.

Fine 4 months at about £800k per month = £3.2m as opposed to relegation that is if we paid all of it but if like Wayne Bridge we paid part of it say 50% it would cost us £1.6m or 40% so it costs similar to what we pay our top earners, and also save Chelsea the same and he is in the shop window every week,so everybody a winner

Is he more of defensive midfielder than Stephen, Propper or Kayal as I thought that at Leicester he made a lot of goals for Vardy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here