Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Atkinson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can the FA take action? Sure, there is no excuse for all four officials to miss it, but he is bragging about lying to an official, surely there's something about ungentlemanly conduct, or unprofessional behaviour?

As no action was taken I would think the FA will take retrospective action after seeing it on MOTD etc.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
martin-atkinson-homer.jpg

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So the assistants did not inform Martin Atkinson that he had taken his shirt off, and the fact Martin Atkinson had to ask the player if he had taken his shirt off, when everyone else had noticed is embarrassing to say the least from the officials. Maybe they will retire from officiating anymore games and take up a job advertising for Specsavers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So the assistants did not inform Martin Atkinson that he had taken his shirt off, and the fact Martin Atkinson had to ask the player if he had taken his shirt off, when everyone else had noticed is embarrassing to say the least from the officials. Maybe they will retire from officiating anymore games and take up a job advertising for Specsavers.

Specsavers would be embarrassed to use him for adverts. It's complete incompetence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can the FA take action? Sure, there is no excuse for all four officials to miss it, but he is bragging about lying to an official, surely there's something about ungentlemanly conduct, or unprofessional behaviour?

I hope so. Imagine how Demerai Gray feels, and he had a tshirt on. I know players aren't supposed to display messages.

It's the bragging about it that is so nauseating.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If we appeal the red then easy to prove Atkinson incompetent with the Bamba shirt incident. Absolute idiot

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As no action was taken I would think the FA will take retrospective action after seeing it on MOTD etc.

I don't know about this. If the ref asked the player, and was satisfied with the answer - then it could be deemed that he 'dealt with it' at the time. More to the point, Bamba should get something for conning an official.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Words fail me. 21 fouls against 7. Complete and utter failure to recognise constant Cardiff play-acting. Harsh sending-off. Failure to book Bamba inexplicable. So biased, it reminded me of certain foreign referees 50-60 years ago....i.e downright dishonest. It was just too poor to be incompetent. Needs investigation by serious crime and fraud squads.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think that applies for yellow card offences. It tends to only be red cards/violent conduct. Which is why I lean on the admitting to lying about it afterwards - might there be something there for the FA to use to save face. I don't expect a ban or anything as severe as that, but this has been a bad week for officiating so far, perhaps there should be some efforts to redress the balance.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The ref in the palace game just let the game go on while Lamela was lying down with blood streaming from his head. The standard of officiating in England has to be the worst in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here