Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Atkinson

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly and the highlighted bit is the part that many can't come to terms with, instead preferring to hide behind the referee.

Let's take result and performance as two separate things, as they often are.

Did the ref cost us a point? Yes, absolutely. We were the better side till Stephens went off and the winner was offside.

Did we deserve a win or a draw? Not a win and barely a draw. But the erroneous red makes that hard to assess.

I don't think CH went in at full time and went "well done lads, we'd have battered them 6-0 if it hadn't been for that c*** Atkinson".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's take result and performance as two separate things, as they often are.

Did the ref cost us a point? Yes, absolutely. We were the better side till Stephens went off and the winner was offside.

Did we deserve a win or a draw? Not a win and barely a draw. But the erroneous red makes that hard to assess.

I don't think CH went in at full time and went "well done lads, we'd have battered them 6-0 if it hadn't been for that c*** Atkinson".

The result, irrespective of the sending off, was due to the performance.
After being gifted the opening goal, the performance got gradually worse against an appalling team.

No 2 passes were strung together, most tackles were rash and or, at best, pretty pointless, christ at one point BEFORE THE SENDING OFF, our players were even tackling each other.

Yes the ref was bad, but the performance on and off the pitch was even worse, against a side who were awful and yet it's all the referees fault.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The result, irrespective of the sending off, was due to the performance.
After being gifted the opening goal, the performance got gradually worse against an appalling team.

No 2 passes were strung together, most tackles were rash and or, at best, pretty pointless, christ at one point BEFORE THE SENDING OFF, our players were even tackling each other.

Yes the ref was bad, but the performance on and off the pitch was even worse, against a side who were awful and yet it's all the referees fault.

No, my point is it's not the ref's fault. That may be others' position but it's not mine. My point is I think Cardiff were so bad that we'd have got more than 0 points without the ref's cockups despite us being shithouse

I know you get that really

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, my point is it's not the ref's fault. That may be others' position but it's not mine. My point is I think Cardiff were so bad that we'd have got more than 0 points without the ref's cockups despite us being shithouse

I know you get that really

and my point is I think Cardiff were so bad that we should have got 3 points even with the ref's cockups were it not for us being completely shithouse.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Says it all
85a78e9b8bf243b638f18d233d852896.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

47 , my Rs !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
and my point is I think Cardiff were so bad that we should have got 3 points even with the ref's cockups were it not for us being completely shithouse.

Then we're argumentatively agreeing with each other in a way. The only grey area is how well we would have played with 11 men in the second half and a bollocking. We had to hit them on the break in the 2nd because red card. We didn't do it well though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh come on mate, he really wasn’t that bad .

Ha, ha, “Wasn’t that bad” ???
Any ref that didn’t see a player throw his shirt up in the air and then celebrate with no shirt on must have eye problems.
But to ask the player if he took off his shirt instead of consulting his fellow officials needs to have a look at himself...:wozza:

Hopefully he will have a long break from the PL

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Regardless of Atkinson, who I suspect will get away with it as usual, the FA really ought to come down like a ton of bricks on Sol Bamba for deliberately misleading the referee. Brings the game into disrepute, and to be openly bragging about it shows he clearly has no respect for the rules.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's an ancient ponderance but you do sort of wonder if there's owt we as fans can do to make the prawned powers that be take notice when there's a refereeing performance with so many inexplicable decisions and oversights as there was today

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Regardless of Atkinson, who I suspect will get away with it as usual, the FA really ought to come down like a ton of bricks on Sol Bamba for deliberately misleading the referee. Brings the game into disrepute, and to be openly bragging about it shows he clearly has no respect for the rules.

A ton of bricks? Disrepute? Really?! Calm down.

Good on him, it’s a ridiculous rule anyway.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The ref in the palace game just let the game go on while Lamela was lying down with blood streaming from his head. The standard of officiating in England has to be the worst in Europe.

and with the amount of money in the game , the amount the players and managers are on , the amount these refs get paid , the tv revenue , the amount gambled weekly by fans and punters alike and yet the result of a game is still hingeing on the likes of Atkinson , Hooper and Dean...........this bloke and his off siders need to be deposited into div 1 for a few months ..........inept , woeful refereeing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here