Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Atkinson

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As balance though, did you see Stephens do an obvious block in the box for our goal?

Nope, admittedly I didn’t at all. I know these things happen all the time and it’s hard for the ref to pick up on, but my frustration over everything the ref did just makes me pick up on any inemptness now.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
As balance though, did you see Stephens do an obvious block in the box for our goal?

I saw. Perfectly lawful, simply stood in the way as part of a carefully rehearsed set-piece routine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A ton of bricks? Disrepute? Really?! Calm down.

Good on him, it’s a ridiculous rule anyway.

I don't like the rule. But for a player to brag about lying to an official and getting away with it is not acceptable. In the same way it wasn't acceptable when Smith, Warner and Bancroft sandpapered a cricket ball and then went "yeah we did that, and?"

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I honestly think that performance warrented a complaint to the FA, but I think we are probably too classy a club to do that.

I don't think I have ever truely felt that a ref was actually clearly biased, but in this case I can't help but feel that he actually really was.

& No I don't think we lost because of him, that isn't the point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But the offside has nothing to do with Martin Atkinson. Refs do not make offside calls.

(I'm assuming the lino didn't flag and get over-ruled)

True, but it impacted on the result which cannot be denied.

In the build up to the goal Atkinson missed the shove on Kayal, which meant his header went backwards, and Duffy being tripped/brought down by Patterson so he was culpable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Worse tackle by Chambers in the Fulham game. Over the ball. Studs up. Miss timed. Dirty.

Yellow card.

Shambles.

I think that he was vindicated on MOTD re the red card but we need consistency as Paul Tierney only gave a yellow card to Chambers for a deliberate stamp, what was the difference? FIFA.EUFA are demanding VAr be brought back in next season but in such a situation could the VAR ref decide at the time and tell the ref to change the card from yellow to red.so the correct decision is made.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here