Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On this performance

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting comment on BBC Sussex that Locadia was down to play alongside Murray but once he went sick, March came back in. Would they have got the service before the sending off though and who would have been sacrificed after it?

Missing a Sidwell type in midfield IMO

Wasn't Sidwell in the latter years of his career, a deep lying defensive midfielder like Stephens, with a pass?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Our performances have been poor for the last 5 games, and yet people still get accused of bed wetting for stating this fact ! We cannot keep the ball and when we’re in possession we seem downright lazy because there is absolutely no movement from players to make themselves available to receive a pass - this is half the reason we give the ball away so often because the player on the ball has no options. Countless times today I saw the ball played up to Murray and not one player made any move to feed off him, they simply wait to see what happens ! In this respect, this is where it feels that too many of our players are still performing at championship level. People are saying we are missing Gross and Propper, this is because they are an upgrade on our championship team. Something has got to change and fast otherwise we are going to get sucked into the bottom 5 by Christmas. I’m hoping that Gross and Propper are both fit for the Leicester game in 2 weeks, getting them both back into the starting lineup could be the change we desperately need.
Ignore the bedwetting comments. Our performances have been very poor but some feel that we shouldn't be saying anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I agree that we miss some aspects of Gross and Propper's games, but they can both be too easily knocked off the ball, and neither can take a game by the scruff of the neck and drag the team forward by themselves. I'd prefer to have them back, but a lot of the team will need to up their game to get the best out of Gross or Propper's presence in the team. We need a critical mass playing well, and together, and we look a way off that at the moment.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Relegation battle looms if we don't buck up. There might be 3 worse teams but playing like we Do gives them hope

Everyone says there are three worse teams but two of them picked up points today and we didn't. And honestly, our recent performances (if not results) have been bottom-six at best. We lack leadership on the field. There's no Brian Horton to get in teammates' faces when we're having our usual off-day away from home. I expect something similar at Huddersfield in three weeks, tbh.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Spot on. G&P are as good as Horton, one day we may have one player as good

Everyone says there are three worse teams but two of them picked up points today and we didn't. And honestly, our recent performances (if not results) have been bottom-six at best. We lack leadership on the field. There's no Brian Horton to get in teammates' faces when we're having our usual off-day away from home. I expect something similar at Huddersfield in three weeks, tbh.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Because Isquierdo has a very small brain and doesn't know where to be . . . . It seems to be a winger trait, they're like cheetahs, fast with a few excellent talents, but thick as pig shit, as opposed to say a leopard . . . . Or a strong creative/attacking midfielder

Which is what we don't have

Firstly, having a smaller brain isn’t actually a sign of a lack of intelligence scientifically speaking. Secondly, it happens on both sides of the pitch, but particularly with whomever is in front of Bong who CH clearly feels needs quite a lot of protection. March spent most of his time at the start of the season doing exactly what Izquierdo is currently doing, and it’s always at the expense of being good offensively. That’s down to CH.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Difficult to see where the next points are coming from....the team are in a trough of their own and the manager's making and seem incapable of playing any other way.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The players aren't set up to pass the ball. Like you say, they're deep and flat. they need to be stretched out and in triangles to pass and move, it's simple football but we clearly can't do it as first and foremost the players are told to keep their defensive shape.
When we stretch teams we look great, thrilling at times- but that isn't on the agenda at the moment.

You look at the grief AK and Jose are getting, but they're effectively playing as a fifth and sixth defender most of time- it's no wonder they've forgotten what to do when they have the ball in the attacking third.

Totally and utterly agree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hudd always love the Albion visiting. Same pattern, every time, they come of the blocks with a packed midfield winning every 50:50. With that in mind, CH will shirley have to try something different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hudd always love the Albion visiting. Same pattern, every time, they come of the blocks with a packed midfield winning every 50:50. With that in mind, CH will shirley have to try something different.

I thought that last season but seeing as we only set up one way for away games and cannot cope with teams who chase us down and get in our faces I’m not quite sure what he can come up with. If we arrive with a “contain them and hit them on the break” attitude we’ll probably get stuffed...again

Confidence must also be pretty low now as shown by our inabilty to keep the ball recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here