Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On this performance

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Completely agree that ref was poor but the reality is we were lucky against Newcastle and Wolves we were unlucky today. We looked like a struggling team without a plan B. Andone was OK but too many players who are struggling. If we get a second early on we make our ownluck and win. We sit back and loose the initiative.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
On the Plus side, we've being awful all season (bar the Man Utd performance) but we've still got 14 points!!! Think what we might get if we actually started to play well !

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Completely agree that ref was poor but the reality is we were lucky against Newcastle and Wolves we were unlucky today. We looked like a struggling team without a plan B. Andone was OK but too many players who are struggling. If we get a second early on we make our ownluck and win. We sit back and loose the initiative.

I don't think we sat back I just think that yet again we didn't keep the ball well enough.
No coincidence we have struggled to hold the ball since Gross and Propper have been injured.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't think we sat back I just think that yet again we didn't keep the ball well enough.
No coincidence we have struggled to hold the ball since Gross and Propper have been injured.
Once we scored we took our foot off the pedal IMO and one reflected by a number of fans around me. That might actually be the consequence of giving the ball away but either way we did not look like a team with confidence taking on a lower placed team. Will need to up our game for Leicester. That said their keeper made a cracking save....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As much as the sending off was a game changer. I do believe that questions are entitled to be asked. The quality both on and off the ball today was extremely concerning.

The arguments against the red card may well be valid but no way will any appeal get overturned.

I think we will stay up by virtue of there being three worse sides than us....but only just!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Once we scored we took our foot off the pedal IMO and one reflected by a number of fans around me. That might actually be the consequence of giving the ball away but either way we did not look like a team with confidence taking on a lower placed team. Will need to up our game for Leicester. That said their keeper made a cracking save....

But we scored after 6 minutes so not sure you can say we took our foot off the pedal - hadn't exactly been all out attack when we scored.
Thought we looked comfortable until a sloppy equaliser and fully believe we would have won if not for the red card.
For whatever reason we are just not keeping the ball well enough at the moment. Gross and Propper returning will hopefully improve this.
Had Izzy's shot gone in (which it very well could have done) people would be saying what a professional performance with 10 men it was.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Last five games

Shots for. 24
Shots against. 103

Rounded up per game
Shots for 5
Shots against 20

This has to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
As much as the sending off was a game changer. I do believe that questions are entitled to be asked. The quality both on and off the ball today was extremely concerning.

The arguments against the red card may well be valid but no way will any appeal get overturned.

I think we will stay up by virtue of there being three worse sides than us....but only just!

Hughton has said this himself after the last few games - we need to keep the ball better.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Relegation candidates? Despite all of the appalling decisions against us today and being down to ten men Izquirdo almost scored a blinder which could have easily won us the game. We've scored in our last 5 games and had three clean sheets. Yes we can do better and are missing Gross and Propper but to say we are relegation candidates is nonsense. If we lose the next four games then maybe we will be dragged into the mix but until then let's keep the faith. UTA.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Care to name them?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
So a defeat to Cardiff and all of a sudden we are going down?

Yea I will name them.

Cardiff, Hudds, and one from Newcastle, Saints, Burnley.

Yes I have seen the scores so far today.

Along way to go in my eyes and this defeat won't be the be-all and end-all off our season and won't divine it.

Luckily we picked up 9 points on the trot that allows for results like today. Yea another 1/3 points would've been useful.

We are not playing well at all and it does irk me the way Hughton sets us up away from home but he is paid the big bucks for his decisions and as probably forgot more about football than all of us collectively know.

He knows what he is doing and I trust him.

We all have opinions I suppose and we all see things differently.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Based on today's performance, if we play the rest of the season with 10 players for an hour every match we will struggle.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
At the moment four of those 3 worse teams have won or are winning... .gulp

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
And?

What about when we won 3 on the bounce and they didn't? Swings and roundabouts. No set of scores for one week will decide anything in this league at this point. Loads more football to be played and we have played 7 away and 5 at home so for this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here