Was it a red card?

• Yes

Votes: 153 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 207 57.5%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If there's one thing I've learnt over the years watching football, it doesn't matter what I think. It what the Centre United Non Touching Sports think or the FA in other words.

-Should that be a red? No. It's ridiculous.
-would it be overturned on appeal? No. Studs are up so someone "could have got hurt" Pointless and depressing in equal measure.
-Is Atkinson the worst ref I've seen since we've been in the PL? By an absolute mile.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I might take your moronic point of view more seriously if you could spell our players name correctly.

Your posts reek of a palace fan on a wind-up.

Yep have a different view your accused of a troll palace fan etc
Believe what u want been comming since 77 goldstone gillingham withdean
And only missed two games at amex since it opened but u carry on . Spoke to about 8 different Brighton fans tonight and most are sick and tired of the same old hughton dross week in week out . Fingers crossed for Leicester at home but u know what’s comming
And you’ll b on here defending it well done you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
**** me your boring

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hughton said himself 50/50 challenge which gave the ref a decision to make stevens has a history of these challenges at least we can have a few weeks without and average player and c how we go then we will know if he is as good as a few think he is

When was a 50/50 challenge ever a red card. He gave the ref a decision to make but the ref has probably 60-80 decisions a game to make. He got the card wrong.

Not sure I understand the rest of your post but if I've managed to somehow conquer the spelling and wording then the simple fact is that our record with Stephens is considerably better than without him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, need to see other angles, but barely a yellow and not sure he made much contact with the Cardiff player.

That said in real time at the game, as soon he chased the ball I was worried.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Maybe, but the other big difference in those challenges was that Cunningham’s foul was deliberate with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball - whereas Stephens made what seemed to be a genuine attempt to play the ball. Shame that refs don’t seem to take that into account.

I totally agree with you. But for me it’s more that you need to move to harsher penalties for Cunningham’s type challenge than lessening the punishment for Stephens type challenges because Stephens’ challenge was reckless and dangerous, irrespective of the fact that it was a 50/50.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I've seen a decent replay now. After he gets the ball he collects him flush on his standing leg studs up in the shin. Aspinall said Cardiff told him he snapped the shin pad in half. 100% red I'm afraid.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen the Newcastle v Bournemouth game that had a similar tackle from behind to DS.
Only this time a yellow card FFS!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In real time I can see why it was given. Yet to see loads of replays but that doesn't make a difference as the clubs voted against VAR!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just seen it, and have to say it was a red. out of control, studs up. it wasnt a hard tackle but players know that will get a card and risking a red.

Regulation red but an interesting poll on how many blue tinters we have

I've seen a decent replay now. After he gets the ball he collects him flush on his standing leg studs up in the shin. Aspinall said Cardiff told him he snapped the shin pad in half. 100% red I'm afraid.
I'm just wondering what other replays people are watching

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Watch this (top) one at 4.52. You can actually see Stephens' foot flex backwards when it meets his shin. Not his standing leg though, it was just off the ground.

[video]https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-11-10-cardiff-brighton[/video]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

..saw it on sky....and haven't changed my mind..as the co commentator said (doesn't have blue tinted glasses) and he's seen worse just given yellows ....commented on skinny surface etc ...studio guest also says harsh ..opinions

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I watched it with a Bolton fan, a Wednesday [emoji23] fan and a Sheffield United fan. All three said that there was no way it was a red. I agreed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep have a different view your accused of a troll palace fan etc
Believe what u want been comming since 77 goldstone gillingham withdean
And only missed two games at amex since it opened but u carry on . Spoke to about 8 different Brighton fans tonight and most are sick and tired of the same old hughton dross week in week out . Fingers crossed for Leicester at home but u know what’s comming
And you’ll b on here defending it well done you

Little drops of poison here and there. All agree with each other and then their mates agree.

In two months time we will get genuine calls (not bathseagull) calling for Hughton to go.

You don't post any positive opinions about Brighton, but I know you're not a Palace troll. The problem is that fans like you are never satisfied and always moan. There are about ten or so on this forum who do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here