Votes: 153 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 207 57.5%

• Total voters

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The shoulder barge wasn’t really like the “tackle” on Moura

The Cardiff player lunged in dangerously from behind with Moura running away

And as an action a shoulder charge into a player running at full pace with no intent to get the ball is less dangerous or deliberate?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Red in this day and age. We may think it is a soft red and trying to make a case for our player but if the tackle/foul was against one of ours and the offender was only booked we would be going batshit mental.

The trouble is and you are probably right, it just feels that we rarely get the rub of the green if refs.

I mean the assault on Schelotto last season vs Arsenal...... way worse than Stephens challenge IMO.

Perhaps it’s because our bench don’t all leap up and our players don’t surround the ref...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Still not a red, looked a good solid tackle at the time
Stephens didn't need to take such risks though in this day and age
Thought he had been reckless earlier in the game soon after we scored where he did an silly scissor foul on the edge of our box giving them a free-kick

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Moura was not kicked there was no stud contact with his legs at all the player put his legs across mouras run and took him out. Never going to break a leg doing that. It is just another type of way of blocking a player with no intent to play the ball. It was deemed a professional foul as was so blatant (like the block on Andone) which as a rule has no reference to which part of the body it happens to. For what’s its worth did not think the Moura one was a red either just the inconsistency of application of the rule that annoys me.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Didn't the ref miss two nailed on penalties against us Vs wolves. Swings and roundabouts.
Time to move on

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
if ANDONE goes down and feigns unconsciousness then cunningham probably walks , it's all done and dusted now , really frustrating result.

Unconscious? From a body check? That’s some serious blue and white specs you’ve got on lad.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's just before. Bamba isn't offside there as the ball has come off a Brighton head.

A few seconds later is when he is offside. To give the lino a break there was another Cardiff player that didn't challenge for the ball directly in his way, stopping him seeing Bamba offside.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I watched it with a Bolton fan, a Wednesday [emoji23] fan and a Sheffield United fan. All three said that there was no way it was a red. I agreed.

You’re right & theyre right. But you will be accused of having blue & white specs :(

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Where to start?
If you think it's such crap, what have you been doing for the last 20 odd years? Whenever I read your posts it is crap. I don't remember a single post from you saying, 'that was a good win'. Not one, ever.
You took delight in telling us that you'd spoken to eight other fans who agreed with you. Are you trying to shore up your insecurity by telling us that others agree with you. Do you think we won't believe your opinion without others saying so too? Have the courage of your convictions but don't try to back it up with 'everyone I've spoken to feels the same'.

Statitistics. Yes we know away wins are hard to come by in the Premier League which is why away draws are good. 19 other teams (apart from the top 6 feel the same way) Stats can mean anything you want them to mean.

Players and injured players. Hughton has no choice as Gross is injured and when he sees the team, no-one else can play the number 10 role AND defend like Solly. The team is lop sided at the moment, and Hughton knows it. He is having to play with the cards he is dealt.
£9million on a right back? Bong plays left back but that was probably a typo.

Try looking on the positive side for once. We have a great stadium, chairman, manager, recruitment, training ground and players. There will be ups and downs. Have a moan now and again on Nsc, we all do, but don't go spreading your doom and gloom everywhere. People will think you're just a misery.

As I say where to start ?
Never said last 20years have been crap just most away days . Set up the same play the same and same result .
Happy to talk about good times think andone looked good Dunk Duffy Ryan brilliant as always .
Don’t need other fans to agree with me about how poor we are at the moment there are enough posts on nsc to suggest the tide maybe turning .
Yes pints are hard to come by and a point in premier league does seem to b goldust but if you don’t set out to try to win games then you’ve got no chance .
Prior to injuries it was still the same formation , set up , tactics with the same end result .
I’ve nothing personal against Solly but he is just not good enough he offers nothing . Before u say he got an assist, he crossed a ball from a set piece into an area and this time it worked for even me or you could of done that .
Propper and stevens song about never give the ball away is the biggest joke of a song we have . No goals need investment in this area and fast .
For whatever reason the new signings have not pushed us on would live to know why they have not had the game time , is it they r shit ? Hughton refusing to try surely it can’t be any worse than what we r watching .wouldnt you like to see andone playing the no 10 role “just to see” instead of Solly can’t b any worse ?
Think we do miss gross hopefully he will return soon and help with the link up play
Bong another poor player just my opinion not good enough
Stadium great yes ,but good stadiums in championship as well .
Manager great. . Has achieved amazing to get us here and should b on the legends board . But things need to change or we are going down playing like this
Chairman great . Yes and so lucky to have him long may that continue
Doom and gloom merchant fair play seeing as the wife agrees
Enjoy your Sunday
And fingers crossed come Leicester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Carragher just said on sky comms it was harsh - ‘where’s your foot supposed to go on a follow through’ - well said Jamie. Or is he wearing ‘blue & white specs’ too?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bit confused by that picture, the clock on the caption shows the time as being a minute after the goal was scored ,also the score reads 2-1. Is this the same incident ?

That would be a replay of the goal incident.

In that incident Bamba was not offside. 1st ball in was a throw in (can’t be offside), second ball flicked of Kayal but WAS offside for the third ball in. Both the second and third balls in were tight call. This is why I wan’t VAR added.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry,but a red for me.Think Dale had already called the cheating twunt of a referee something along those lines,so the cheating twunt gave him red,instead of a yellow and a red.Ref was a disgrace,and I'm feeling charitable today.To warn players before the match about shirt celebrations......:bla::rant::angry::angry::angry:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It's the sheer inconsistency that riles me (or being cynical how big the club is) over red cards. Watching the Chelsea v Everton game this afternoon both teams should have been down to 10 men before half time for challenges similar, and in one case worse, than Stephens yesterday. However Kevin Friend chose to yellow card only.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
IMO it was a harsh red and did without question effect the result, but regardless, what annoys me more are the doom and gloom merchants on here now saying we're relegation candidates. We are twelfth and on 14 points, with a key player like Gross out, whilst bedding in new players who sooner or later will score / assist. We are staying up say we are staying up!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If that is a red card you might as well ban tackling from the game. Won the first tackle and committed to the second 50/50 tackle which he had to compete for.
If Stephens doesn't try to make the tackle he is not doing his job properly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think it was at best harsh, but in this world of softy 'don't muss my hair' football it probably was. Not worth appealing against though - the ref didn't get it wrong - it was open to interpretation.
What would be a good move for football though would be an appeal process where the other player's actions would be taken into account. 'Did he roll over like a shot grouse on the glorious 14th. and cry like a girl to get a red card handed out?' - yes? - then reduce the three match ban to two, or give the whimpering softy a one game ban too, for ungentlemanly conduct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here