Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sarah Payne killer Roy Whiting stabbed in prison

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They certainly murdered someone.

I detest what Whiting did, but I cannot cheer other murderers attacking someone, or that makes me out to be sick, too.

Perhaps it’s a raw, aggressive emotion for (many) men, to feel vengence towards entities like Whiting? I feel this. The same for me where I’ve read of unplanned and summary killings of senior SS murderers at liberated extermination camps.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
What if it were your child, still think the same ?

Probably yes, because you'd have empathy for the families of the 2 murderers victims.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Perhaps it’s a raw, aggressive emotion for (many) men, to feel vengence towards entities like Whiting? I feel this. The same for me where I’ve read of unplanned and summary killings of senior SS murderers at liberated extermination camps.

.... and the same way a group targeted a paediatrician around the same time as this terrible murder!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I detest what Whiting did, but I cannot cheer other murderers attacking someone, or that makes me out to be sick, too.
Quite. I'd accept this warm feeling as normal from anyone connected to Sarah Payne, but the rest of us should probably recognise who the people doing the attacking are. Glad he hasn't been killed though, I'd like his misery to continue.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The logical side of me thinks that in a civilised society criminals should be safely looked after when in prison. The less logical side of me is siding with the comments above. A long life of constant fear seems to be as fair a punishment as it's possible to give

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes. How does more violence make someone feel better?

Yes, I see your point to an extent. If it were my daughter, then I would probably be cheering from the rafters, but do also think that if we condone other criminals dishing out their perverted version of justice, then we are on a slippery downhill slope. We can't believe in the rule of law, and then when it suits, look the other way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This. The 'prison code of the murderers' . . . .FFS. 'I'm a more virtuous murderer than you because I only raped and killed an adult woman' or 'I only glassed your son in a pub and he bled to death'. Can't believe some of the absurd shite on this thread. One wonders how we ever evolved a rule of laws.

To add, what to do with horrible criminals is another discussion. Some consider a punishment worse than the crime is fitting. You can extend this to daily life; if someone on their phone bumps into me on the pavement, why should I not shove them into the traffic? It sometimes happens. Isn't it just as rightous as torturing the child killer?

In an uncivilised society, yes.

I prefer the rule of laws.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This. The 'prison code of the murderers' . . . .FFS. 'I'm a more virtuous murderer than you because I only raped and killed an adult woman' or 'I only glassed your son in a pub and he bled to death'. Can't believe some of the absurd shite on this thread. One wonders how we ever evolved a rule of laws.

Add them to the list Harry.............

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Add them to the list Harry.............

Nah. I can understand the emoting. Frankly if you put me in a room with this filth I'd probably finish him myself.

However.....

Many years ago I said (to some chums) that if anyone did anything to my kith and kin I'd hunt them down and kill them. But....I'd expect the state to step in and stop me, and exercise wiser justice. If we all got to determine the fate of our enemy there would be bodies piled up. I have a very long list....

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Yes, I see your point to an extent. If it were my daughter, then I would probably be cheering from the rafters, but do also think that if we condone other criminals dishing out their perverted version of justice, then we are on a slippery downhill slope. We can't believe in the rule of law, and then when it suits, look the other way.

I'm OK with him being stabbed. I don't care who stabbed him. He deserved it for being such a ****.
He wasn't killed, he suffered some pain and fear and I'm glad he'll be expecting more prison "justice" in the future.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to stab him and I don't condone it but it's been done. I'm willingly happy to accept without feeling that he's been stabbed. The ****!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm OK with him being stabbed. I don't care who stabbed him. He deserved it for being such a ****.
He wasn't killed, he suffered some pain and fear and I'm glad he'll be expecting more prison "justice" in the future.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to stab him and I don't condone it but it's been done. I'm willingly happy to accept without feeling that he's been stabbed. The ****!

Your post is somewhat contradictory ( not meant as a criticism) but probably reflects what most of us feel. He is total scum and one should not shed too many tears, albeit also with the reservation that criminals themselves should not be the arbiter of justice.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If it were my daughter then I would be counting the days until Whiting was out of jail so that I could get my revenge. In the meantime may he suffer and be always looking over his shoulder

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If it were my daughter then I would be counting the days until Whiting was out of jail so that I could get my revenge. In the meantime may he suffer and be always looking over his shoulder

Yes, I do fully understand what you are saying and that would be quite understandable. Might well react that way myself. But the law is there for a purpose; if we all decide to simply avenge ourselves, and skip the niceties of a court appearance, society would be the undoubted loser, yourself included. Easy for me to say, when I am not emotionally involved, I fully accept.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here