Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
This Cardiff team is there for the taking but as usual the negative Defensive slow build up away tactics have come back to bite us.....

If only we had kicked on once we went 1 up instead of sticking to these horrendous away tactics, we would not be in this position

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This Cardiff team is there for the taking but as usual the negative Defensive slow build up away tactics have come back to bite us.....

If only we had kicked on once we went 1 up instead of sticking to these horrendous away tactics, we would not be in this position

I thought there was only one team in the game until the unlucky deflection that resulted in the equaliser and then the sending off. There is no way that we were shit before then imo, in fact we were doing pretty well imo.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Dear oh dear.

We'll really have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't come away with a win. Why in the name of god did we sit back and become so passive against the worst team I've seen in our time in the premier league. Why give them any encouragement at all? Why let them have any belief that they could get anything other than a sound beating from the match.

Now we find ourselves down to 10 against a team that scents blood and will bombard us in the second half.

The only thing we can cling to is that Cardiff genuinely are a very poor team. With ten men and our away record we're going to have to put a real shift in to even get a point out of the game. So so so frustrating.

But not surprising in the least unfortunately

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So, would be settle for a draw now? I would.

I think so. However, the thing is that Cardiff have to go for it - it's their big chance to win a game, so there could be opportunities for us on the break. Maybe Andone for Murray to give some more pace up front later on?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Must admit, Stephens was having to put in a lot of effort to win the ball in midfield with that dick kayal next to him.
maybe he would still be on the pitch if Bassouma had started ahead of kayal.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We can win this. We are great at set pieces. We need to win freekicks in dangerous areas, or corners.

That means we need to get possession, pass to our own players and be in the opposition half........... a big ask!

I hope you are right though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The refereeing bias has been more pronounced with the fouls given against Murray and not against the Cardiff defenders. Best example was the 'handball' against Murray after a deflection from a yard away. Numerous other poor decisions. Think the red card was one that was possible, and for that it was a silly challenge from dale.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Andone for Murray and Gyokeres for Izzy or Knocky. I'll trust the timing to Chris's superior judgement, but I still think this is very winnable. Remember we haven't lost a point after going in front so far this season. :thumbsup:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
So it’s acceptable because it’s not explicitly stated in the laws? Neither is punching a player in the face, not a red? I’d say your logic is a bit wonky.

Any player who slides in or raises their leg to win the ball has their ‘studs up’.

The referee has to interpret whether the action endangers the opponent. Atkinson’s interpretation in this instance was wrong as Cunningham was not endangered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here