Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If Hughton says Cardiff are a good side and we weren’t at our levels I may dirty protest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were awful. Cardiff are awful. The ref was awful.

7 shots (3 OT) against the team bottom of the league. We've mugged a few very useful points lately with very good defensive displays but need to snap out of this current lethargic and lacklustre spell we're in. Too many players having consistently poor games.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

We were awful. Cardiff are awful. The ref was awful.

7 shots (3 OT) against the team bottom of the league. We've mugged a few very useful points lately with very good defensive displays but need to snap out of this current lethargic and lacklustre spell we're in. Too many players having consistently poor games.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

We were good at fouling 21 to their 7 it's not everyday with out foul a welsh team 3 times over on their patch.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I don’t agree with the red at all, but I can see why it was given

One VAR would over turn on replay

From the refs position it would look dangerous and a red

The ref didn't even see their player take his top off

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got back from the game, all be it a little worse for wear !
It was never a red card as the replay shows the player had at least a one step movement before jumping up in the air.
But it was a rash and unnecessary by Stevens with studs half up.
We did get what we deserved, especially in the second half as there were a few occasions where we were well forward with the ball and then chose to start back passing, very frustrating.
Bong should get the assist for their first goal, he is so frustrating to watch, his first touch is usually ok but once in possession he doesn’t have a clue.
We rely far too much on our defence and in the last minutes they got hammered.
Tried to hold on for the point with 10 men, though realistically the odds were always against us.
Going down to 10 men was never ideal and realistically we held on for as long as we could.
Refereeing decisions were baffling at times and he did seem to favour the opposition.
Off to bed now, nightly night.

D

Deleted member 2719

Every team in Hughton's eyes are a good side. Cardiff are a poor Premiership side who are battling for their lives and he still thinks we should back off and defend????

It's this mentality from CH that has me so p!!sed off, we have a pretty decent defence and he doesn't have the faith in them to defend without another 5 trying to defend in front of them against the beatable teams, he ALWAYS plays it safe.:rant:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just home. Very frustrating.

We’ll SMASH these at the Amex (if we can keep 11 on the field).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn’t be remotely surprised if Cardiff don’t win another game this season, they are horrifically bad........today was this season’s equivalent of the visit to West Brom last season. So, so disappointing to lose to that shower of shite today.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
vardy was guilty of a far worse lunge but no reaction from the burnley player so no action by the ref .........shit weekend for sport all round so far.....:rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just home. Very frustrating.

We’ll SMASH these at the Amex (if we can keep 11 on the field).

We won’t be smashing anyone with the way Hughton sets us up. I really fear we’ll get badly turned over by Palace who look a much better team than us. A backs to wall point is the very best I can see, as we’ll hand the inititiative to Palace and play like the away team again. I know some enjoyed the performance against Wolves but I thought we were shit and very lucky to win and it was one of the most frustrating home games that I have seen for ages. We have plan A and that’s it. I long for the day that our wingers play as wingers and our midfield boss a game and we can play without fear. Haven’t seen it at all this season except maybe against an out of form and disinterested United.

I’m not calling for Hughton’s head as he has too much credit in the bank but I am beginning to believe that he may have reached his ceiling at this level. Survival playing the dullest football in the division is the best that we can hope for.

Edit, sorry if I misread your post and you were talking about the return fixture against Cardifff at the Amex, which I feel you may be after re reading your post.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How many of Cardiff’s starting 11 played for them last year in the championship?

Strangely 8 of our starting 11 played for us in the championship.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Don't get why there is so much negativity over this game
We played the game for over an hour with 10 men
The only way we would have had a sporting chance if they had gone down to 10 men also so i was hoping that the game was get tetchy
Only teams like Man City and Barcelona can comfortably cope with playing with a man down
It doesn't mater what team you are playing against whether it is a poor team like Cardiff or one of the best the outcome will not be favorable with 10 men
I thought we played very well 2nd half and was pretty nervous when we ventured forwards in numbers leaving us exposed when the move broke down
Apart from those last 10 minutes we were actually looking comfortable for a draw

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't get why there is so much negativity over this game
We played the game for over an hour with 10 men
The only way we would have had a sporting chance if they had gone down to 10 men also so i was hoping that the game was get tetchy
Only teams like Man City and Barcelona can comfortably cope with playing with a man down
It doesn't mater what team you are playing against whether it is a poor team like Cardiff or one of the best the outcome will not be favorable with 10 men
I thought we played very well 2nd half and was pretty nervous when we ventured forwards in numbers leaving us exposed when the move broke down
Apart from those last 10 minutes we were actually looking comfortable for a draw
We have seen some fantastic performances from Albion sides when down to 10 men. Even down to 9. Many professionals say that it can be harder playing 10 men because the 10 (or 9) raise their game. Just saying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
We have seen some fantastic performances from Albion sides when down to 10 men. Even down to 9. Many professionals say that it can be harder playing 10 men because the 10 (or 9) raise their game. Just saying!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly and I have witnessed many of those performances
Yesterday the sending was off was after 34 minutes (very early in the game)
The overall performance was fine given the circumstances, the whole team battled well, they didn't bottle it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here