PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Cardiff City Stadium
Date: Saturday 10th November
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Stephen Child, Peter Kirkup
Fourth official: David Coote

TEAM NEWS

Cardiff midfielder Harry Arter will serve a one-match ban on Saturday for accumulating five bookings this season.

Jazz Richards misses out due to a hamstring injury and Kenneth Zohore remains sidelined with a calf problem, but Joe Ralls is back in contention.

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh is not expected to play because of a hamstring strain.

David Button is out with a knee injury, while Pascal Gross and Davy Propper are long-term absentees.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: Neil Warnock's 100th game in charge of Cardiff City theoretically gives him the chance to celebrate with a win.

Warnock will not get too many such opportunities. Cardiff's squad overachieved hugely to get promoted, and their total summer spending to add to that group was not much more than Fulham invested in Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa alone. Five points from 11 games is the unsurprising result.

Brighton continue to grow as a club and are starting to look like part of the Premier League's furniture, so much so that it's easy to forget they have only had five top-flight seasons in their entire history.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock on marking 100 games with the club: "You see what happened at Leicester and with Glenn (Hoddle), who I think is a fantastic guy, and it brings it home to you that life is on a thread,

"It's been one of the happiest times of my life. Having thought about retiring two or three times, I'm really glad that I didn't.

"I do feel better for doing what I've done here and I don't think my job's finished yet. But I think another 100 games might be difficult."

Chris Hughton: "We've got a crucial period of games coming up - but the Premier League is such a tough league that it always applies.

"We know we're more likely to pick points up off sides outside of the top six but we have to capitalise on that ourselves.

"They will have good backing this weekend and it will be another tough game."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]This is their first top-flight meeting. It becomes the 100th different fixture to be played in England's top four divisions.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost just one of their last 11 league matches against Cardiff (W3, D7), a 1-4 away defeat in 2016.
Cardiff

• [*=left]Cardiff have won just once in 15 Premier League matches, drawing three and losing 11.
    [*=left]They have equalled the club's worst record after 11 fixtures of a league season, last set in 1974 in the second tier.
    [*=left]The Bluebirds have failed to keep a clean sheet in eight league games, and are two short of conceding 100 Premier League goals.
    [*=left]They have also failed to score in six of their 11 games this season, a joint-league high with Huddersfield and Southampton.
    [*=left]Cardiff's shooting accuracy of 26% - hitting the target with 31 of 119 attempts on goal - is the worst in the competition.
    [*=left]The Bluebirds have completed 1,948 passes, 500 fewer than any other Premier League side, while their completion rate of 61% is also the lowest.
    [*=left]Cardiff have conceded the first goal in eight league fixtures this campaign, a joint-high with Fulham.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have managed just one win in their last 19 Premier League away games (D5, L13).
    [*=left]They have 14 points after 11 league matches, one fewer than at this stage last season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls and Manchester City are the only clubs not to have lost a Premier League point from a winning position in 2018-19.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray's six Premier League goals is bettered only by Eden Hazard, Sergio Aguero and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on seven.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton is unbeaten in five meetings with Cardiff manager Neil Warnock, winning four and keeping five clean sheets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just left Swindon, this train has sh1te wi-fi

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
If the Albion team turn up then I see a comfortable win , however if the team sit on the bus like at Watford it will be very uncomfortable. Knocky will run the show and turn on the style , D&D will block everything and we will win...... if we turn up

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Dunk & Duffy will clash going up for a cross and both go off with concussion, Ryan will get sent off, Murray will break his leg in the warm up....

Apart from that I am fairly confident in a 0-0

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey RedBox fans the game is on NBCsN, #TapsNoseKnowingly

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looking forward to a sensational 4-3 albion win....:lolol:
On a more serious note a 3-0 loss looks likely as we get bullied to fu*k and have yet again 1 shot on target searching for that elusive dull point :lolol:

The best league in the world:rolleyes:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It won't happen, but Chris should throw caution to the wind today. Our away record is trash, so if it backfires it will be service as usual.

UNLEASH LOCADIA AND ANDONE!!!!!

Give Glenn the day off!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Joe Bennett can't pass with his right foot, so when wrong footed we will have a chance of gaining possession! I bet it doesn't happen now!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If we go there positive and attack with Jose, Knocky, Muzza and Andone as a front 4 then I think we will be too strong for them. If we set up all defensive and invite pressure on to us it will get their tails up and we will have a repeat of the Huddersfield/W.Brom away fixtures from last season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm a massive supporter of CH and his pragmatic tactics against better opposition.

But today, against them, I hope we don't spend 90 minutes sat back and passing it back to them. Reasons being; they're not a quality team and it will leave us vulnerable to non-stop set pieces with their array of giants. I'd love CH to surprise them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raining here by the bucket full

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here