Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Are you a Cardiff fan? As we deserve **** all from this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No I'm a Brighton fan - even when things get tough for us.

People are upset I get it...

I thought we acquitted ourselves quite well in the second half with a man short and deserved a point. Ref has been a homer from the start which didn't help.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hughton to blame. Play to win ffs

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Absolutely gutted. Despite the crap performance, I really thought we would hold out. Weekend totally ruined! We now need something from the Leicester game in a fortnight.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We should have done better considering we were only playing against 21 today.

I suppose the ref made up the extra man.

We have been frustrating as f*ck to watch recently.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We've been really lucky to get the points in the bag but it looks like the 3rd from bottom spot will be between us and Cardiff as I predicted.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Absolutely gutted. Despite the crap performance, I really thought we would hold out. Weekend totally ruined! We now need something from the Leicester game in a fortnight.
You mean apart from one shot on target and 33 per cent possession

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
IF we could keep the ball and attack we would have been out of sight before the red card. But we scored and allowed things to get scrappier and scrappier. Stephens takes a huge amount of the blame, but you'd think against Cardiff we'd have been able to control things better. They are UTTER shit.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I'm absolutely fuming with Dale Stephens. He has single handedly cost us 3 points today.

Not the first time he has made an idiotic, pointless challenge like this, that has cost us points.

Time for Bissouma to step up and win his spot in the first team.

Agreed. The ref was poor in general, but Stephens should not be let off the hook for a definite red.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We can blame the ref - who was appalling - but our passing is dreadful in attacking positions. And while I fully get why we play Murray on his own against the top 8 clubs, but can’t we go 2 up top against Championship standard teams? We make it far too easy for poor opponents.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
dreadful ref cost us the game ... a draw would have been fair but in the end the ref giving a dubious red card and the winning goal having a big offside doubt. Not wishing to come over as completely bias there were way too many 50/50 comming togethers than the ref gave free kicks to Cardiff and rarely played advantage or gave the decision to the Albion.

Poor result in the end caused by a bad ref in a game we should have comfortably won .... not going to blame the players or tactics .. just poor decisions from the ref and assistants

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No I'm a Brighton fan - even when things get tough for us.

People are upset I get it...

I thought we acquitted ourselves quite well in the second half with a man short and deserved a point. Ref has been a homer from the start which didn't help.

Yep, the sending off changed the game, why anyone should be surprised by that and have expected us to push on for a win I can’t imagine. IMO the ref’s piss poor decision on the sending off cost us the game. Of course we struggled, a man short and a homer ref, we didn’t have a chance imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here