Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Do you still have a black and white TV?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Apparently there are 7161 households in the UK that still have a black and white TV. Is one of them yours?Sometimes when the reception is crap and there are in excess of 1500 channels to watch, but only two or three worth viewing, I wish that we had a black and white TV.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This isn’t quite true . It’s the # of licences. Which are cheaper.

There is no way of knowing if people have the sets, let alone are watching them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We did have one in the loft, but when the signal went from analogue to digital, it was useless.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They aren't cheap to buy. I collect old computers and the ZX81 struggles on even old colour TVs so I did a quick check and an old portable is £40+

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mother was registered blind so we suggested that she buy a black and white tv rather than a colour one bercause of the licence fee but had trouble finding a reasonably decent one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My mother was registered blind so we suggested that she buy a black and white tv rather than a colour one bercause of the licence fee but had trouble finding a reasonably decent one.

Over 75, it is free, and under that age, registered blind get 50% reduction.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I only pay the TV license because I don't like the idea that I am breaking the law. With a bit of knowledge it's entirely possible not to pay and never end up in court.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
BBC should just be a subscription service like Netflix personally I wouldn’t subscribe. Paying fortunes for Twats to present MOTD doesn’t sit with me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
BBC I think is more about the website these days. How that would be funded if there was no TV license :shrug:

Their website is astoundingly bad for those of us who can actually read. It is very frustrating as most of it is video. It is also a horrendously PC site.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
BBC should just be a subscription service like Netflix personally I wouldn’t subscribe. Paying fortunes for Twats to present MOTD doesn’t sit with me.

85% of the UK disagree with you. (*15% believe the BBC should be a subscription service)
Only 29% of the UK believe the licence fee should be scrapped.
92% of UK adults use the BBC (radio,tv,online) every week for an average of 19 hours per week.
No survey as far as i can tell on whether the presenters of MOTD are T**** though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here