Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Chess Championship 2018

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1937713

Move 21 pawn sacrifice looked like a (mis)calculated risk by Carlson. Brainache situation when Carlson had a much better position but there was no way through in the middle game against the best defence? I thought at that stage Carlson would be the winner unless Caruana's King could run away.

I wonder what the analysts will say?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
21 ..................... Rg8 stifles White (ignores time pressure though)

but that is at my standard. PS: X Carlsen was certainly correct and Rg8 might actually lose the game!?

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am thinking of heading down on the 19th if I can get tickets

Pretty sure that the only official tickets left are VIP @ £400. You might be able to get a standard entry one off a secondary ticketing site though?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sky are in the process of forming an international Premier chess league in conjuction with Matchroom productions according to reports.
One hour matches on a round robin basis between the worlds top 16.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Completely forgotten I used to watch this.

Love the dubbed thoughts of the players.

Used to play at primary school and just this week bought the same electronic game I had as a kid. Played a bit at college and we played St Bedes in our one and only competitive match. 16/17/18 year olds playing 11/12/13 year olds. And I think I was the only one to score a point (or half - can't remember but I know I was the only one not to lose. Haven't played since as I was only ever a 1/2 move ahead player so peaked the day I reached the top of the ladder in primary school.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sky are in the process of forming an international Premier chess league in conjuction with Matchroom productions according to reports.
One hour matches on a round robin basis between the worlds top 16.

Would they show that on its own channel - Sky Sports Chess or even Sky Arts!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1937713

Move 21 pawn sacrifice looked like a (mis)calculated risk by Carlson. Brainache situation when Carlson had a much better position but there was no way through in the middle game against the best defence? I thought at that stage Carlson would be the winner unless Caruana's King could run away.

I wonder what the analysts will say?

Wrong! white blundered on move 33. I can't say I would not have done the same: https://www.chess.com/wcc2018 Then mistakes as the time ran down.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Completely forgotten I used to watch this.

Love the dubbed thoughts of the players.

Used to play at primary school and just this week bought the same electronic game I had as a kid. Played a bit at college and we played St Bedes in our one and only competitive match. 16/17/18 year olds playing 11/12/13 year olds. And I think I was the only one to score a point (or half - can't remember but I know I was the only one not to lose. Haven't played since as I was only ever a 1/2 move ahead player so peaked the day I reached the top of the ladder in primary school.

Come join us!
https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not sure who I am sh*** on.....just passing my thoughts on a public thread

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

And a very welcome contribution you made.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Magnus goes 1-0 up.

Good game. Analysts were calling the rook and pawns ending as a draw but Fabi blundered with his rook positioning, missed the chance to push his c pawn and Magnus found the right moves to win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here