Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Cardiff now?

• Yes please

Votes: 101 38.5%
  • No thank you

Votes: 126 48.1%
  • **** off with your ridiculous clickbait shit

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Hughton today during his press conference;

our approach is exactly the same as any other away game

Pretty much the most depressing thing I have read recently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hughton today during his press conference;

our approach is exactly the same as any other away game

Pretty much the most depressing thing I have read recently.

Come on, we've won twice on the road in 12 months. Lets not get greedy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d bite your hand off for a point, the lucky streak we have benefited from cannot go on for much longer. We have played shit (except for the defence) for a few games now and stolen the points in most games imo.

We cannot expect to keep picking up points at this level when we can hardly string two passes together without losing the ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, you'll take a point then?

Do you honestly think Hughton will say to the tream, go and get a point? Of course not.
If football was so easy to predict, the bookies would go out of business.

We could go there and play really well, and a fluke own goal could undo everything. It happens.

I could ask the same of you.

Do you honestly think Hughton tells his team, away from home, go out there and win?
Or do you expect him to say something like 'try not to lose'.

The facts surroundings our away records suggests you are being naive in the extreme if you think CH demands victories from his away team, formation and planning.

As said elsewhere 'what's the point of playing for next season, when next season never comes?'

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Definitely

Definitely not. A point is the least that we will get and so I would not take it now. I just can't see Cardiff winning.

There are only three possible scenarios:

1. BHA score first and immediately start to defend on the edge of the area and Cardiff either finally get lucky when one of their 47 shots is deflected in or fail to score at all despite having 27 corners and hitting the woodwork six times. Result: Draw or BHA win

2. Cardiff score first. BHA Immediately move up 5 yards from the edge of the area reducing Cardiff to potshots until Bissouma nicks the ball in the 69th minute, drives to the edge of the area and his wild shot hits the back of Glenn Murray's head and goes in. Cardiff redouble their efforts, but despite having 32 shots and missing a penalty, fail to score. There is an outside chance that a shanked Ryan clearance will get caught by the wind and beat a deperately back-pedalling keeper. Result: Draw or BHA win

3. Both teams play absolutely to form and grind out a 0-0 draw. Result: Draw

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
No I wouldn't! I hope we do not play sheepishly and leek any goals :moo:

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A point would be fine.......... but Lawro has predicted us to lose so it's a GUARANTEED 3 points. :albion2:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Obviously I want 3 points, but a draw wouldn't be awful. It's the manner of playing that's most important - we've been good at coming back this season but then we've also been luck to get anything away from home on occasions.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes definitely. I only say that as with our negative approach to away games any point has to be considered decent. Would love to see our approach be more positive and to really go for it tomorrow, but somehow I'm expecting CH to set the team up to defend and try to sneak one on the break.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If we can't go and tonk the teams who get spanked every week, we're just one of them.... We're better than that.

Get out there and attack them. We have the team capable of doing that!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
No chance we should be going to win, all out from minute one, attack attack attack.

We won't. We will hang in there until the 70th minute and then have a go - it's plan A away from home, Plan B is to go two goals down and bother with the 70+ minutes bit.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hope we won`t be reminding you of this statement tomorrow !!

Depends, if the team play to win but don't then c'est la vie, my issue is if the team go to Cardiff, a Championship team in the wrong division, and play not to lose but still do then what's the point?

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
No. Would rather go for it. Really have a go!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes.

The Cardiff team and fans see this as an opportunity for three points, Warnock will have them revved up and we’ve been pretty passive recently (despite what the results have said). It’s a sell out, their fans will be pissed up and noisy (bars open early on international weekends) it won’t be easy.

That said, I think our players are better than their’s but we’ll need to be ready from the first whistle.

So whilst we’re capable of all three, I’d rather have a guaranteed one and look to smash them at the Amex.

This.

They will be all over us like flies, denying us space and time on the ball. It won't be easy.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Our strength is being hard to beat, and it looks so far, thatwe have been harder to beat vs. last season . We are not, at this level, strong enough to assume that if they score 1 we will score 2. We don't have any form for winning away, and we are playing a team who will almost certainly see this as a chance for 3 points too. Match them for passion and what edge we think we have in quality should hopefully come through.
People keep calling Cardiff a "Championship side" - a side that proved it was too good for the Championship by finishing 2nd. We also finished 2nd - and we are still, largely, a "championship side". Any point right now is good for me.. but we have a chance to take 3 which we will if we play at our top level, Cardiff play just below theirs. Otherwise it will be very tight and could easily not go our way. None of the "Championship sides" went down last year, whilst 3 sides who would not have been described as "Championship sides" all dropped.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes i would take a point now. It's away from home. All this guff about we should be beating teams like this is idiotic. At home yes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - any away point is good for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here