Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Cardiff now?

• Yes please

Votes: 101 38.5%
  • No thank you

Votes: 126 48.1%
  • **** off with your ridiculous clickbait shit

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No Harry Arter for Cardiff and a Brighton side that is due a decent attacking performance.

I would be very surprised if a "decent attacking performance" is permitted by the management away from home. It will be a tight game, we will allow Cardiff to attack us from the beginning, Colin will have stoked them up like he always does with his teams against us, if we can survive the first 30 minutes we will have a chance of getting something out of the game. Worst case scenario...3-0 defeat; Best case scenario ....1-0 cheeky away win; Likely scenario....1-1 draw - yup, I'd take it.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yes. Every PL point is a good point. I've taken that view from the start of last season and it's been good for my mental health.

PG

PS. I went 1-0 Albion on the score predictor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Stupid question. There were many on here happy to take a point at Newcastle. I held out for the 3 points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"must not lose" for us, "must win" for them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, this is a must win for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We don't set out to sit back. We defend very well, and if chances come to break or get a shot on goal then we take it.

Believe it or not, the other side do have a say in it as well, and sometime their players have a stormer such as 2016, when we lost 4-1 against all form guides.

I'd be happy with a point, as Warnock is a wily old fox, and knows what he's doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no point being in this division if we don't win at Cardiff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's no point being in this division if we don't win at Cardiff.

Its fairly clear that we look to harvest our points at home, and set out for 0-0's / damage limitation away. On the whole its worked so far, so I can't see Hughton altering this approach in the near future, if ever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes - I'd like to win of course, but if you're offering a draw now I'd take it.

Warnock is a wily old character, doing his very best to keep his team up. Home to Brighton is undoubtedly one of the matches where he'll have some hope of picking up points, especially as we're rubbish away from home. Looking at the BBC match preview (aka the official match thread tomorrow morning) I'm amazed to see that we're one point worse off than we were at this stage last season (and four places lower).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
6/4 under 2.5 goals looks like a good bet to me. Speaking of odds, we are odds on to get something from the game. Unusual for us to say the least away from home. Statistically speaking, the answer to the question is no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

True but only to a point.

What's the point of playing football?

Sure we can kid ourselves a point away from home is decent, or worst still 'oh losing 2-0 at City is a good result', but the bottom line is the Albion are playing a Championship team run by a Championship manager.

If the team shows little ability or appetite to win this game, all of a sudden my point stands.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is all looking a bit West-Brom-away isn't it ?

I hopeless Pardew side beat us then.

I'd still take the 'poxy point' now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True but only to a point.

What's the point of playing football?

Sure we can kid ourselves a point away from home is decent, or worst still 'oh losing 2-0 at City is a good result', but the bottom line is the Albion are playing a Championship team run by a Championship manager.

If the team shows little ability or appetite to win this game, all of a sudden my point stands.

So, you'll take a point then?

Do you honestly think Hughton will say to the tream, go and get a point? Of course not.
If football was so easy to predict, the bookies would go out of business.

We could go there and play really well, and a fluke own goal could undo everything. It happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here