Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] No official Question Time thread?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
daleks-exterminate.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Brexit thread is a substitute isnt it, anything else discussed? (havent watched QT in some time, become poor commentry on politics and point scoring)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Warnings about language on the pre-watch info. Waited for someone to go off on one, effing and blinding. Nothing! Disappointed.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I wondered if it was what she said, but thought someone in the audience may have lost it and really ranted using "f" words. Always amusing when it happens, although QT is edited so I wasn't surprised. It may perhaps have alluded to the "extermination" bloke?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the Brexit thread is a substitute isnt it, anything else discussed? (havent watched QT in some time, become poor commentry on politics and point scoring)

Personally I can't stand Dimbleby as he's a pompous prick. Not fit to lick Sir Robin Day's boots.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd been looking forward to it because David Aaronovitch and Jordan Peterson are interesting, but having the knife-crime question first killed the programme. Dimbleby gave far too much talk time to the audience (before one panellist had said anything), and there was no tension between panellists because essentially everyone agrees that knife crime is a bad thing. This one question took over half the programme, leaving insufficient time for other issues where there was potential for debate. Mairead McGuinness was long-winded and repeated herself, and I'm with Jack on Diane Abbott.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I stopped listening after Karzi Karting blamed Labour leaving no money for the Tories decimating police numbers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nobody watches anymore when it's well known they put stooges in the audience.

Lots of people watch it :)

The audience is always going to attract people interested in politics and I'd imagine its impossible to completely screen activists. It's happened a few times but not as many times as you imply.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Warnings about language on the pre-watch info. Waited for someone to go off on one, effing and blinding. Nothing! Disappointed.

Same here. MASSIVE anti-climax when it was just Abbott dropping the N and P bomb. Just imagine if the BBC introduced the show each week by saying "and a warning that some viewers may find some scenes upsetting". They'd have a captive audience for the whole hour (at least the first couple of times).

Someone needed to have a word with that McGuinness bint to explain that it was Question Time, not 'An Audience with Mairead McGuinness'. Shit the bed, she barely came up for air all night.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I happened to have shared a sauna (mixed) with an older gentleman that had been an audience member on QT.

He said they have a full rehearsal without the panel, to give their questions and so on, they then choose due to a) the question and b) if the audience member might be able to actually say it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here