Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Eve Boxes

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Where I live lots of people have 'The naughty elv' This is some contrived bollocks where mum's put on Facebook - in every night of December no less - antics of the elv such as poring cerial on the floor and drinking prosecco (natch). It's hell on earth.

Despite this competitive shite I've yet to see a Christmas box. Perhaps the mums at my school aren't up with the Jones as much as they thought.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where I live lots of people have 'The naughty elv' This is some contrived bollocks where mum's put on Facebook - in every night of December no less - antics of the elv such as poring cerial on the floor and drinking prosecco (natch). It's hell on earth.

Despite this competitive shite I've yet to see a Christmas box. Perhaps the mums at my school aren't up with the Jones as much as they thought.

This

Oooh, look, he’s wasted flour in the kitchen, naughty elf.

No, you have you silly cow, and then put a small stuffed toy next to it and taken a photo.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But in the UK, Christmas Eve boxes are fast becoming a "clever retail invention", Prof Mitchell said. > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38220870

No shit.
It's a no from us... though my nieces and nephews are starting to do it for their littluns, it's a generational virus caught from across the pond and to so.e extent, the germanic nations too methinks. Sadly the under 30's seem incapable of resisting the mammoth marketing trends pushed out by US tv and UK lowbrow progs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
In Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Denmark, Estonia, the Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Quebec, Romania, Uruguay, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Czech Republic, Christmas presents are opened mostly on the evening of the 24th – following German tradition, this is also the practice among the British Royal Family since it was introduced by Queen Victoria and Albert, Prince Consort

Thanks to Wikipedia

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Everyone celebrates Christmas differently, each family have their own traditions which may seem odd to others,

Let it be

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
We’ve been doing this for a few years now. The mrs is obsessed with Xmas and we have kids so on Xmas eve they open the box which usually contains Xmas pyjamas, hot chocolate, reindeer food, that kind of thing. I have to say it does add to the excitement and magic of Christmas :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Me too.
The downside though is my staff Christmas party is a bit boring.

lol..its the one time of year I kinda miss my previous office job

Why don't you arrange a Christmas party for all the self employed of NSC ? You could give each other a Christmas box and maybe go for a curry.

As for the Christmas box thing ... no thanks .... I don't like Christmas hence why I runaway to rural France for 2 weeks to get away from the shit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This

Oooh, look, he’s wasted flour in the kitchen, naughty elf.

No, you have you silly cow, and then put a small stuffed toy next to it and taken a photo.

A feel a "bell cheese elf edition thread
"coming up in December with pictures minus names of the worst offenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here