Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Translating Hughton-isms: Murray's contract

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Under the headline "Glenn Murray could still earn new Brighton contract, says Chris Hughton" reported by Sky, Hughton is quoted as saying the following. Can anyone translate it to English for me please?

"Everybody's circumstances is something we think about all the time.

"Any work we have done on players contracts are club issues. We are very conscious of not just one player, but every player we have and when contracts end.

"We will and always have addressed it in the correct way."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Frankly, he might as well have just said "don't ask".

Personally I think if we don't put at LEAST another years extension in front of Glenn, we'd be dropping a huge bollock with him (again).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
For this season 2018/19, Bruno's new 1 year contract was announced (to the press) on Apr 3rd.
For 2017/l18 it was March 13th.
For 2016/17 it was May 21st.

Club have previous in leaving it late for veteran players. Presumably hedging their bets in terms of fitness, other club interest , etc.

That said that quote is so opaque , it could just as easily mean, we're dotting the i's and crossing the t's and we'll announce it next week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Frankly, he might as well have just said "don't ask".

Personally I think if we don't put at LEAST another years extension in front of Glenn, we'd be dropping a huge bollock with him (again).

I am always amused by these posts and if I could I would bounce the posts of many posters who scoffed and ridiculed the likes of me when it was suggested that we should get GM on loan from Bournemouth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am always amused by these posts and if I could I would bounce the posts of many posters who scoffed and ridiculed the likes of me when it was suggested that we should get GM on loan from Bournemouth.

When have I ever scoffed and ridiculed the idea of Murray coming back ? I was delighted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I don’t remember many people scoffing at the idea of GM coming back, except those who were blinded by anger at his defection to Palace. I think you’d struggle to find posts to bounce on this one tbh

Back on topic, CH excels at speaking very vaguely when he’d probably rather laugh in the face of the questioner. Dare I say he’s a pretty dull in interviews?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For this season 2018/19, Bruno's new 1 year contract was announced (to the press) on Apr 3rd.
For 2017/l18 it was March 13th.
For 2016/17 it was May 21st.

Club have previous in leaving it late for veteran players. Presumably hedging their bets in terms of fitness, other club interest , etc.

That said that quote is so opaque , it could just as easily mean, we're dotting the i's and crossing the t's and we'll announce it next week.

You are correct - Albion announced Bruno's deal on March 13th 2017. Of course, users of NSC knew two days before that, though :thumbsup: - Bruno signed a new contract......in February

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would guess the scenario could be a certain team in south London get relegated they will need to offload the high paid chaff and bring in a tried and tested Championship scorer who might be a touch too old for regular premier league but would cut it still in the championship and would cost little (or nothing) and will pay him a lot in wages.

I

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing as CH is well respected by all the players, especially GM, who knows his own body strengths and limits.
I'm sure that GM will not muck CH about, in regards to a new contract extension, depending on his own fitness, for his age.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Under the headline "Glenn Murray could still earn new Brighton contract, says Chris Hughton" reported by Sky, Hughton is quoted as saying the following. Can anyone translate it to English for me please?

"Everybody's circumstances is something we think about all the time.

"Any work we have done on players contracts are club issues. We are very conscious of not just one player, but every player we have and when contracts end.

"We will and always have addressed it in the correct way."

Translation: Barber and Winstanley sort the contracts.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I would guess the scenario could be a certain team in south London get relegated they will need to offload the high paid chaff and bring in a tried and tested Championship scorer who might be a touch too old for regular premier league but would cut it still in the championship and would cost little (or nothing) and will pay him a lot in wages.

I
Does seem inevitable doesn't it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t remember many people scoffing at the idea of GM coming back, except those who were blinded by anger at his defection to Palace. I think you’d struggle to find posts to bounce on this one tbh

Back on topic, CH excels at speaking very vaguely when he’d probably rather laugh in the face of the questioner. Dare I say he’s a pretty dull in interviews?

I bet I did, but that's nothing to do with palace, I just hate the idea of players returning to former clubs.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Seeing as how Murray is out of contract at the end of the season, can he leave in January if he gets an offer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seeing as how Murray is out of contract at the end of the season, can he leave in January if he gets an offer?

Only if we agreed to sell him, which we wouldn't do for anything other than an offer so ridiculous (for an old geezer) that it's not going to arrive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here