Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinplzen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im no fan of digital watches by any stretch. My boss gave me one and the fecking thing drove me nuts. Ive got a nice Junkers titanium, but... having said that, I rarely wear it anymore.
    Lots of people just use their mobile phones now for telling the time so the need for watches in general is probably on the wane.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Police officer seems to be a dying profession as there are fewer and fewer year on year. Conversely career criminals appear to be on the rise. Funny that.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      Lots of people just use their mobile phones now for telling the time so the need for watches in general is probably on the wane.
      I love my watch. I find that it helps me know the time, with just a quick glance towards my wrist. Amazing! Not only that, I can check the time so fast I have time to see the **** walking about gormlessly, button-pressing their Omsung phone thing, and barge into them painfully (for them) - and blame them for not looking where they are going.

Gosh, I love my watch.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

2 Not allowed!
      I met my first year tutees (uni students - I am their sort of mentor) today. All of them stream music. None of them 'own' any music. They thought that iPods, music ownerships and (especially) buying CDs are all quite funny and weird. I mentioned I had over 16000 items, some extremely rare and not available any more, on my iPod. I mentioned that I have a massive knowledge of music over the last 40 years and can find and curate amazing music, and that its story and context are part of its magic. They were quite patronizing, a bit like how sometimes people reply to BG about how good it must have been in the olden days.

I'll get my coat, then.

0 Not allowed!
      This Arsenal game, on BT, is really shit. In case you hadn't guessed.

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I met my first year tutees (uni students - I am their sort of mentor) today. All of them stream music. None of them 'own' any music. They thought that iPods, music ownerships and (especially) buying CDs are all quite funny and weird. I mentioned I had over 16000 items, some extremely rare and not available any more, on my iPod. I mentioned that I have a massive knowledge of music over the last 40 years and can find and curate amazing music, and that its story and context are part of its magic. They were quite patronizing, a bit like how sometimes people reply to BG about how good it must have been in the olden days.

I'll get my coat, then.
      I've always thought that the music on your iPod, could be best described as an historical journey of one's life, in music.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      I've always thought that the music on your iPod, could be best described as an historical journey of one's life, in music.
      Quite. I have a lot of stuff downloaded from strange places. I name it and search and upload pictures to illustrate it, that appear on the iPod when they play. I know what I have. How can anyone actually engage with music if they just stream it? My students are science students and when I ask them they know nothing about film, TV or music. Pig ignorant. Their engagement with culture is millimetres deep. I have noticed that arts students can be quite different. Mrs T, an arts grad, has an extensive knowledge of music back to before she was born, and is an iPodder too.

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quite. I have a lot of stuff downloaded from strange places. I name it and search and upload pictures to illustrate it, that appear on the iPod when they play. I know what I have. How can anyone actually engage with music if they just stream it? My students are science students and when I ask them they know nothing about film, TV or music. Pig ignorant. Their engagement with culture is millimetres deep. I have noticed that arts students can be quite different. Mrs T, an arts grad, has an extensive knowledge of music back to before she was born, and is an iPodder too.
      We're iPod classic journeyman, now iPod touching
      The oldest known computer

1 Not allowed!

I'll get my coat, then.
      I’m with you on this. Music apart, this also applies to books. I have a huge collection of reference books, cookery books and novels in crates in my garage, just don’t have sufficient room in the house for them all. Ebooks are convenient to take on holiday, but one day, like it or not cloud storage will cease to exist and peoples music and book collections will vanish.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      We're iPod classic journeyman, now iPod touching
      Nah. They have lowered the gigabytes. Need the 160! I have three of the old school