Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] National Treasures?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jamie Oliver - For trying to beat the fryerarchy, in getting healthy food served in schools.

No on the other side, for running a failing chain of restaurants which have poor service and over charge for food, which for some strange reason some people like purely due to the association with the 'name'

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No on the other side, for running a failing chain of restaurants which have poor service and over charge for food, which for some strange reason some people like purely due to the association with the 'name'

Well there is that side, but for overall plus, he's done a great deal in educating the unhealthy kids, that eat the crap food.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nobody mentioned Alan Bennett yet.

He's quite adamant he doesn't want to be considered as such because it reminds him of his own mortality.

He's a YORKSHIRE treasure anyway. Not sure he can be claimed elsewhere.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He's quite adamant he doesn't want to be considered as such because it reminds him of his own mortality.

He's a YORKSHIRE treasure anyway. Not sure he can be claimed elsewhere.

He may not want to be considered a National Treasure, but it doesn't stop other people considering him as one..... although I can understand his reason!

I went to see a play of his in the early 1970s in Oxford - Habeas Corpus - he had come to the fore well before that anyway with Beyond the Fringe, and we went last week to see his latest play, Hallelujah, at one of these feed through things to a local centre. And it was excellent. He's done so much real quality stuff in the interim, TV, Film, writing, I don't think anyone else is more deserving of the accolade. #knocksStephenFryintoacockedhat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here