Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] National Treasures?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just been watching Stephen Fry on the box. Never been a big fan but warming to him a bit. It occurred to me that he is one of those celebs who transcend mere celeb-ness and achieve National Treasure status.
Given that this quality is impossible to define, I reckon it's in the eye of the beholder.

So any nominations please? Or alternatively please also include national treasures who you can't stand...........

...........and therefore I'll kick -off with Sir L Henry, star of the cheap hotel chain advert voiceover,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You've spelled fat tounged mockney twerp wrong there.

I hold no brief for Jamie Oliver but I don't think you know what mockney means. He may be many things but he's from Essex and has an Essex accent.

I also don't understand the antipathy towards Lenny Henry. I found him spectacularly unfunny as a comedian but there are many other comedians who fit the bill there.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Emma Thompson - completely lost in Luvvieland. Co-incidentally (or perhaps not) a long-time collaborator with Stephen Fry.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, I'm confused. Are we listing people we think should be National Treasures, or those who are but shouldn't be?

Noel Edmonds ... but which category?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dr Brian Cox

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports