Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] National Treasures?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

Nature programmes will just sound WRONG with any other narrator when the time comes.

I'm the exact opposite. I prefer nature programmes with other narrators.

Attenborough annoys me when he tries to make a story out of the scenario. Just tell us the facts, and leave the storytelling to fiction writers.
The filming and photography can show us what's going on.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
It should have been Ant and Dec but one of them ****ed that up.

So I'll go old school,

Nicholas Parsons
Tim Brook Taylor
Barry Cryer
Graham Garden

Basically the old timers on Radio 4

Felicity Kendal
Julie Walters
Nigel Havers
etc

Anyone from show business from the 1970s and 80s that have been in well loved TV and film who havent ****ed kids

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just been watching Stephen Fry on the box. Never been a big fan but warming to him a bit. It occurred to me that he is one of those celebs who transcend mere celeb-ness and achieve National Treasure status.
Given that this quality is impossible to define, I reckon it's in the eye of the beholder.

So any nominations please? Or alternatively please also include national treasures who you can't stand...........

...........and therefore I'll kick -off with Sir L Henry, star of the cheap hotel chain advert voiceover,

I'm going in the other direction with Stephen Fry. Liked him very much with Hugh Laurie and in Jeeves and Wooster etc. Now finding him increasingly irritating and opinionated..... even if I agree with what he is being opinionated about.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I really don't like all the Baking stuff on telly...……

……. but Mary Berry

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Gary Barlow has managed to achieve it by writing 'Patience' and getting some stubble. The key is to get all cosy with the BBC and play at some event in front of the Queen. That seals your NATIONAL TREASURE status.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nobody mentioned Alan Bennett yet.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Gary Barlow has managed to achieve it by writing 'Patience' and getting some stubble. The key is to get all cosy with the BBC and play at some event in front of the Queen. That seals your NATIONAL TREASURE status.

…….…. come the Revolution, brother...……...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry, I'm confused. Are we listing people we think should be National Treasures, or those who are but shouldn't be?

Noel Edmonds ... but which category?
Neither, surely?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Dr Brian Cox

Neither of these two is old enough.

And they are both smug g1ts as far as I am concerned. Brian Cox has got an eminently punchable face..... and I am not a violent man.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Partridgesque :D

Madeley is PURE Partridge. Absolutely brilliant.

Although I'd actually nominate Partridge himself as a national treasure. If ever a fictional character has transcended being just that, it's him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here