Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LockStock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you to everyone for the input or advice, obviously some more than others.

To be clear the shared driveway doesn't actually fit a car down so is only used as walk way to the back of the 2 houses and to store his bins and recycling boxes. When I said occasionally it I'm talking once every few months and is never more than a car boots worth of mainly cardboard boxes. To the person who mentioned about doing it before I went on holiday- I put it out at around 8am and arranged for it to be collected at lunch but he'd moved it in-between.

I met with him today to talk about the issues. I have agreed to keep nothing on the shared drive, which I feel is fair and also agreed to have a higher fence fitted at my expense. In return I ask him to respect my families privacy and stop taking pictures of my back garden that is a private space.

He told me he has sent letters to other neighbors about their choice of parking space, I did find that strange as it is on street parking so not sure he has the right to dictate this to anyone but as others have said life is to short.

He also mentioned the kids garden toys ( trampoline ect) as crap so guessing he isn't a fan of kids although its mainly a family street.

To the person who mentioned about van size -mine is small- Citroen berlingo and is brand new so tidier than most cars. To the poster who said they should ban all vans from residental areas, I hope you stick to your word when you need a trades person to work at your property and make it clear to any tradesman what a stuck up attitude you take to van drivers.
    Top work, and good luck. Hope it works out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      Geezer in my My mums road has 4 large vans plus two cars evenly distributed down the whole Road, parks on verges and ruins the grass, I would hardly describe being irritated by that as snobbery ffs!
      ''Patcham is overrun with vans parked everywhere, real shame!'' ..no but this is ffs

0 Not allowed!

To the person who mentioned about van size -mine is small- Citroen berlingo and is brand new so tidier than most cars. To the poster who said they should ban all vans from residental areas, I hope you stick to your word when you need a trades person to work at your property and make it clear to any tradesman what a stuck up attitude you take to van drivers.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      I'm having this image of you sitting in your armchair, wearing a barbour jacket, whilst holding a shotgun and shouting at your neighbours across the Thames
      The insolence! I'm more a Harris Tweed jacket...
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!

To be clear the shared driveway doesn't actually fit a car down so is only used as walk way to the back of the 2 houses and to store his bins and recycling boxes. When I said occasionally it I'm talking once every few months and is never more than a car boots worth of mainly cardboard boxes. To the person who mentioned about doing it before I went on holiday- I put it out at around 8am and arranged for it to be collected at lunch but he'd moved it in-between.

I met with him today to talk about the issues. I have agreed to keep nothing on the shared drive, which I feel is fair and also agreed to have a higher fence fitted at my expense. In return I ask him to respect my families privacy and stop taking pictures of my back garden that is a private space.

He told me he has sent letters to other neighbors about their choice of parking space, I did find that strange as it is on street parking so not sure he has the right to dictate this to anyone but as others have said life is to short.

He also mentioned the kids garden toys ( trampoline ect) as crap so guessing he isn't a fan of kids although its mainly a family street.

Glad you got it sorted.

He sounds like a right sack of shit, you have my sympathies.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!

Neighbour is clearly obsessive bonkers. Tell him to mind his own business next time.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LadySeagull View Post
      Or a packet of Werther's Originals and he will be your friend for life...
      It's an absolute LIE, pure marketing, that old people eat Werthers. Never existed back in the day, when people were old, everyone knows grans and grandpa's sucked on barley sugar...or gums...their gums, not fruit ones.

Now, you've got me wanting a barley sugar for the first time in years and at 22:04 there's ZERO chance of that happening. Thanks. Thanks a lot...

0 Not allowed!

I think that's very good of you. Well done, to be congratulated. Excellent negotiation skills - fancy having a crack at Brexit?
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      The insolence! I'm more a Harris Tweed jacket...
      We're off to see Hugh and Den tomorrow, for a long autumnal walk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      Sorry Ash, you're wrong. They are put there by the developer to encourage purchasers to buy houses where business vans etc won't be an issue in quiet residential areas. This is often in newer developments which aren't adopted by local councils where maintenance of the roads and estate is passed by the developers to a management company run by residents/directors. Such covenants are taken seriously and may be enforced by usually by soft touch with a letter or sometimes a parking enforcement company.
      Or by ****ing up their own arse twats
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”