Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Members

OT neighbour advice

0 Not allowed!
    Hoping for some useful advise on dealing with my next door neighbour.
    He has recently retired and has lots of time on his hands, he seems to use most of that giving me a hard time. On occasions I have some waste from work collected from the shared drive and he hates that but itís kind of unavoidable for me running a small business and I always have it collected within a day of putting it there.

More recently he has started to become angry bordering aggressive, telling me how and where I can park, how I should or shouldnít maintain my garden and whilst I was on holiday last week he decided to take the waste Iíd left out and arranged to be collected back in my garden. (Trespassing as the gate was locked). He has also sent me a few angry emails with pictures he has taken of my garden over the wall and from his bedroom windows.

We used to get on well but after him shouting at me about my van being parked outside his house I told him to piss off, i know that hasnít helped but Iíd had a long day and itís onstreet parking.

He has now sent me a text demanding a meeting at a neutral location that is 4 miles away from where we live. He is making me out to be some kind of neighbour from well when in actual fact Iíve done nothing but improve my house since we brought it 8 years ago!

He used to seem a nice guy and Iíve even done a fair bit of work for him in the past but I feel I need to put a stop to this despite him thinking Iím in the wrong.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LockStock View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hoping for some useful advise on dealing with my next door neighbour.
      He has recently retired and has lots of time on his hands, he seems to use most of that giving me a hard time. On occasions I have some waste from work collected from the shared drive and he hates that but it’s kind of unavoidable for me running a small business and I always have it collected within a day of putting it there.

More recently he has started to become angry bordering aggressive, telling me how and where I can park, how I should or shouldn’t maintain my garden and whilst I was on holiday last week he decided to take the waste I’d left out and arranged to be collected back in my garden. (Trespassing as the gate was locked). He has also sent me a few angry emails with pictures he has taken of my garden over the wall and from his bedroom windows.

We used to get on well but after him shouting at me about my van being parked outside his house I told him to piss off, i know that hasn’t helped but I’d had a long day and it’s onstreet parking.

He has now sent me a text demanding a meeting at a neutral location that is 4 miles away from where we live. He is making me out to be some kind of neighbour from well when in actual fact I’ve done nothing but improve my house since we brought it 8 years ago!

He used to seem a nice guy and I’ve even done a fair bit of work for him in the past but I feel I need to put a stop to this despite him thinking I’m in the wrong.
      Are you not by Village law officially in the wrong? I think you have to stop trying to talk yourself into the fact that you aren't in the wrong and breaking the law and face the fact that your neighbour could get the authorities involved and you could even receive a citation.
      Dwell on your strengths not your weaknesses.

Maty Ryan: ĎThe height factor is something I copped as a kid and into my career,í he said, Ďbut I can tell you, if I have played some bad games over the years, none has ever been because I was too small.í
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      Are you not by Village law officially in the wrong? I think you have to stop trying to talk yourself into the fact that you aren't in the wrong and breaking the law and face the fact that your neighbour could get the authorities involved and you could even receive a citation.
      What am I doing that breaks the law or puts me in the wrong- surely as it’s my own property I’m entitled to store anything I want within reason obviously. Not picking an argument just curious.

1 Not allowed!
      Set up a video camera filming the drive area, something like Hive or Nest. Takes away the his word vs your word.

9 Not allowed!
      Just kill the old prick
      You make me

2 Not allowed!
      Deck the c*nt.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      If it's a shared drive you may need to talk it through properly.
      P.s I had a neighbourly dispute and found/read ( on mums.dot.net, my neighbour discussing our situation, it was not to her advantage to have the details of her pov on the web
      tfso!

0 Not allowed!
      This was my neighbour. luckily we had left not long before this incident.
      https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1570...ighbours-home/

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
      This was my neighbour. luckily we had left not long before this incident.
      https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1570...ighbours-home/
      Blimey. You went a fair way!!
      Inigo Calderon. You will be sorely missed but hopefully you will return before too long
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

9 Not allowed!
      i reckon you should stop leaving waste on the drive, thats probably major source of contention.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.