Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sinead O’Connor

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The woman has severe, ongoing mental health issues and the media have not helped by covering every single thing they can in great detail.

She had one vaguely successful single a few years ago and otherwise her 'fame' since then has been newspapers going 'look at the mad woman! look! isn't she nuts?!". Which is hideously unprofessional

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not very responsible for the news to report on someone rather ill. Like what they did with Gazza.

The woman has severe, ongoing mental health issues and the media have not helped by covering every single thing they can in great detail.

She had one vaguely successful single a few years ago and otherwise her 'fame' since then has been newspapers going 'look at the mad woman! look! isn't she nuts?!". Which is hideously unprofessional

I thought when I read it that I was surprised the Independent reported it. Thought they would have been better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not what I said in any way. What a strange response
Not at all. She's now a racist. Nothing to do with having previously been treated for mental illness.

She is a racist now - and I regard - and will continue to regard, whatever excuses are made for them - all racists as scum. You think that some are OK?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not at all. She's now a racist. Nothing to do with having previously been treated for mental illness.

She is a racist now - and I regard - and will continue to regard, whatever excuses are made for them - all racists as scum. You think that some are OK?

She quite obviously isn't "ok".

With her we know the circumstances, which is why Gazza wasn't burnt at the stake when he made the racist joke on stage.

I'll add to take Eric Clapton. Yes you did support Enoch Powell but you were shitfaced at the time.

With her it's obviously a combination of bad religion and mental illness.

As a youngster she got caught shoplifting and sent to one of the notorious Magdalene laundries.

We worked in the basement, washing priests’ clothes in sinks with cold water and bars of soap.

We had limited contact with our families. We earned no wages.

It was a prison. We didn’t see our families, we were locked in, cut off from life, deprived of a normal childhood.

Unfortunately when your brain is ill, not much stops you posting on Twitter.

I hope she gets help.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shahuda Davitt? Daluded Shitt more like.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Very sad, clearly needs help as she has severe mental issues.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not very responsible for the news to report on someone rather ill. Like what they did with Gazza.

I'm not being funny, but Twitter has a FAR wider reach than probably all of the world's media (print and online) put together. And where did this story first appear? Twitter. Who put it up there? She did, herself. While I hate the fashion of making Twitter feeds news, it's part of 'journalism' these days and once you tweet something, there's little going back. Not saying it's right, or that the 'media' is completely blameless, but that's just the way it is.

Maybe she shouldn't have a Twitter account if she doesn't want to risk being portrayed in that light? Or maybe it's nothing to do with MH issues and she's just turned into a generalising old racist? I don't know and, quite frankly, I don't really care.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the serious point is that she’s the sort of person that the hate preachers target for terrorism. Contrary to the terrified whining of some on NSC, not every Muslim is a terrorist. But a recent convert with mental health issues is clearly at risk of radicalisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Stupid c*nt, deport her to a place where there are no whites though to make sure she does not talk to them again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here