Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trivial things about footballers that really annoy you but shouldn't

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Alice bands and scrunchy things. It's alright in the WSL but if you have dangly bits, you're just asking to be taken out at the knees.
Which leads on to the choices of others, get up, you're not hurt, you pansy! Be ready to come on or you won't be coming on

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
One thing that often concerns (annoys) me is over demonstrative goal celebrations by team mates which risk causing injury to the goal scorer. There are two in particular which cause me particular concern.

The first is the one where nearly the whole team bundle on top of the scorer so he is buried under a mound of team mates comprising of their collective body weights. The potential injury risks are crushing, broken bones or even suffocation.

The second is less obvious but may have been picked up on by those who have ever suffered with a bad back. It is when a team mate suddenly jumps on the scorer's back and uses the scorer's shoulders to lever himself up until his arms are in a straight down position with his full body weight on the scorer's shoulders. The scorer is never given prior warning that this is going to happen as he is usually ambushed from behind so is not given the opportunity to brace his knees or his back before being mounted. I've always been concerned that this puts considerable risk of the scorer doing his back in as he is taken totally by surprise and not physically prepared or braced to bear the full weight of his team mate. Shane Duffy is the worst offender in our team of this particular celebration. I think it is an accident waiting to happen.

A bit similar to this
gettyimages-156028993-612x612.jpg

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Anyone running back to the centre circle, having scored, with the ball up their shirt and sucking their thumbs whilst looking at their pregnant mistress needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

The sucking thumb celebration full stop, been done to death.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Cutting socks at the ankle and using their own socks... are nike/adidas/umbro really that bad at making socks?

In fact, they all seem to use the same brand of socks, with spots on the back of the ankle. Are these socks really that good that they render all other socks useless?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Cutting socks at the ankle and using their own socks... are nike/adidas/umbro really that bad at making socks?

In fact, they all seem to use the same brand of socks, with spots on the back of the ankle. Are these socks really that good that they render all other socks useless?

That annoys you? I haven't noticed one player with socks like that let alone get annoyed by it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That annoys you? I haven't noticed one player with socks like that let alone get annoyed by it.

I think it is something so minor that once I noticed it, I couldn't un-notice it. Now I notice it every time, which annoys me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Goalkeepers who hold on to the ball after the opposition score. A fight for the ball ensues.

Its SO odd. The ref has stopped the clock, you are achieving nothing other than winding up the team who want to score against you even more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here